Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The school wants my son commited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 652 Replies

My son (13)is picked on because he is so small. Hes tiny compared to the rest of his class. Hes a happy kid tho. He has some anger issues but hes in counseling and it seemed to be helping. His anger started when his dad and I split up, because his dad met a new woman shortly after we seperated and took off with her and abandoned him. Hes failing the 7th grade because he refuses to do his work. He has "after school tutoring" which is basically detention everyday. He sleeps through it. 

Today, I got a phone call asking me to come to the school immedietly. When I arrived, the principal, superintendent, guidance counselor, 2 cops, and my son were in the office. He wrote a letter because he was mad. His counselor told him to do that when he gets angry. He hides his letters, and I respect his privacy enough to let him write in his journal and not read it. While he was writing it, one of the kids that bully him grabbed the paper and read it, and saw what was said about this bully, and told the teacher and they flipped out. The teacher that was told, said she had been teaching for 20 years and never been scared of a student, but she is scared of my son. My son isn't a mean kid. I had no idea he was THAT angry or that his letters were anything like that, but hes cried to me all afternoon saying that it was just because he was mad and that it was never suppose to be seen by anyone else.

He got suspended and isn't welcome back at the school (or even allowed on school grounds) until he gets evaluated by a psychologist and is cleared as safe to be around other kids.

I agree that the letter is wrong, and scary...but hes been suspended. Let me deal with it now. But they are trying to forceablly get him commited to a mental hospital 100 miles away, and they called CPS on me.

When he got suspended, I figured I would just do the online school program that my friend is doing for her kids. I understand that the letter makes him seem unsafe to be around other kids. I will keep him away from other kids and get him the help that he needs, but even tho the letter talks about killing people, he wouldn't do that. He can't. He cried because I accidently hit a cat, and cries when snakes or frogs get killed. Hes a good kid, he just doesn't release his anger in the right ways.

I understand I probably won't get any support from here...I just need to let it out. I'm not scared my son will do anything. Hes tiny, and he has a good heart...he was just angry and not handling it the right way.

I took photos, because I figured I would get called a troll...but because his handwriting is so small and messy, I translated it the best I could.

I want to stab everyone

Everyone that I hate

I want to set fire to them

with gasoline and fire

I especially want to kill Jade

because i fucking hate him.

He ruined my life since i came here

So i'll make him pay with his blood.

I fucking hate the slutty whores

who dare to walk through the school

with there damn makeup and shitty smiles

killing them would drop the population too much

I hope Donovan drowns in his own spit

and nobody comes to help him

I'll just watch him die slowly

with hate in my eyes

I want to choke Amanda

for being an obnoxious bitch

no one likes that canadian fagget

so no one should like you either

I know i'm not the most likeable person

and i sure as hell know that

but i'm damn proud of my anger

and i hope i get revenge soon

I hope that Blake chokes on his own breath

with that douchebag face of his

He followed me here to the new school

(Can't make most of that out)

I fucking hate Dominic

I hope he fucking dies

He mocks me for no good reason

While having that stupid look on his face

I feel bad for Mason the most

with cancer and dying inside

But i know atleast he will make it

because he deals with the pain.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:58 AM
65 moms liked this
Just because he cried when you hit a cat doesn't mean he won't take a gun to school. It's a good thing somebody finally read what he was writing, and hopefully you take their advice and get him some serious help, immediately.
Jamaicanmecrazi
by on May. 15, 2014 at 12:58 AM
17 moms liked this
Whoa. What. The. Fuck.
You can't KNOW he wouldn't hurt anyone. I'm sure many parents who brought guns to school felt exactly the same.
There was a kid at my middle school who got arrested and shipped off to a program because he composed a list of students and teachers to kill. It was found in his back pack with a bottle of gasoline, a lighter, and a hunting knife he stole from his dad. No one thought he was that disturbed either, i mean, i knew his mom for years after.
He needs help, i dont know what, but something. Maybe being commited would be good for him, maybe he needs medication or counseling, idk. I'm not at all suprised the school doesn't want him back. This is crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2014 at 12:59 AM
19 moms liked this

Honestly, the school has a responsibility here to protect the other students. He probably was just blowing off steam, but if something happened and they had done nothing, it would be on their consciences. You are his mom, and know him best, but think about it from their perspective, too. Good luck!

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:59 AM
9 moms liked this

Wow. I can see why the school wants him evaluated. These are the type if things schools take very seriously. If it's caught now he won't be on the 9 o clock news as the boy who shot his entire 8th grade class. Sounds like there's more then dad leaving to your sons anger issues. Hopefully you find a good Dr.

Kittykatx
by Sammii. Tar ♥ on May. 15, 2014 at 1:00 AM
6 moms liked this
Urm.

Thats not a normal way to deal with anger and you probably should get him evaluated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2014 at 1:00 AM
35 moms liked this

well the problem started with you and all the excuses you give your kid.

Birdseed
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM
5 moms liked this

That's pretty fucked up.  I feel for your son but that kind of stuff would scare the ever loving shit out of me if someone was naming my (imaginary) kid or my SDs. 

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:04 AM
7 moms liked this

oh shit. that is a scary poem. you cant deny that. get your son more help. have him evaluated. THEN decide what to do. if it is just him venting his anger and he really isnt going to do anything, then great! DONT send him back to that school tho. get the evaluation, and if he is cleared, do homeschooling. dont put him back into that situation.

LadyVoldemort
by on May. 15, 2014 at 1:05 AM
37 moms liked this

I'm sorry

I am so so so sorry for what you and your son are going through

But I have to agree that he needs to be evaulated and he needs to get into some more serious counseling.

I got the chills readingthat letter and the fact that it's from a seven thirteen year old turns my stomach.

I know that it's not your fault and it's not his that he is this way but there's other people's safety at risk, whether you realize that or not.

I hate saying that to you. I really really do. But you need to open your eyes and see that he needs help, and he may need more help than you can give him on your own.

emandab
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:05 AM

He definitely needs help.  Is he a sociopath? No.  But he needs help dealing with junior bullshit.  Try to work with them, on your terms, to achieve that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)