Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've turned into evil SM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
My dh is really forgetful. He is supposed to call SS8 by 9 every other night. Bm will not have SS call, it's up to dh to call or not. If left to his own devices he remembers about half the time and forgets about half the time. I used to remind him every night for SS's sake. DH always acted annoyed by me reminding him, not because he didn't want to talk to ss, but because he just didn't like being made to feel like he couldn't handle remembering on his own. In the past month he has done some things that have really hurt me, including lying to me, calling me names, pushed me, and left for a couple nights.

Since then I have decided he can handle his own fucking relationship with his kid. I don't remind him to call, I don't remind him to ask about important things or to email SS' s teacher, or to do his homework with him when he's here. He's dropping the ball all over the place and although I feel bad for SS, I feel like if DH can't be bothered to take care of his relationship with me then I'm not going to bust my as taking care of his relationship with his son. I also don't remind him to call his mom or Siblings either do they are getting ticked at him for ignoring them. I'm especially not going to help him with this stuff anymore since all I ever got was a bad attitude from him when I reminded him.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
askyourmother
by on May. 15, 2014 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't blame you. You were just trying to help and he had to be an asshole. Tell him not to come crying to you when his son no longer wants anything to do with him. He ruined the relationship no one else did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 9:17 AM
That's my thoughts on it. He can deal with the fall out of not caring about anybody but himself

Quoting askyourmother: I don't blame you. You were just trying to help and he had to be an asshole. Tell him not to come crying to you when his son no longer wants anything to do with him. He ruined the relationship no one else did.
southern.momof2
by Pirate on May. 15, 2014 at 9:17 AM
I dont blame you. Hes an adult and should handle his responsibilities.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Yup, if he wants to treat me like crap, he can watch how his world crumbles around him because I'm not holding it up anymore.

Quoting southern.momof2: I dont blame you. Hes an adult and should handle his responsibilities.
CABZS
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Well not to be a bitch but if he can't even remember his own son & to basically take care of his own son what made you think he would nurture the relationship he has w/you?

He sounds like an asshole just by not remembering his own child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I was naive. He treated me like a queen and i fell for it. Now the honeymoon phase is over.

Quoting CABZS:

Well not to be a bitch but if he can't even remember his own son & to basically take care of his own son what made you think he would nurture the relationship he has w/you?

CABZS
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Rule of thumb; always watch how they treat other people, especially their own children.  Also, how they treat their parents.

Physically touching me out of anger is a huge no & I would be out the door.  Been there done that & won't do it again.  My ex traeted his mother like crap, I should've known better as well.

Quoting Anonymous: I was naive. He treated me like a queen and i fell for it. Now the honeymoon phase is over.
Quoting CABZS:

Zengirl79
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Sounds like you married a man-child

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Good rule of thumb

Quoting CABZS:

Rule of thumb; always watch how they treat other people, especially their own children.  Also, how they treat their parents.

Physically touching me out of anger is a huge no & I would be out the door.  Been there done that & won't do it again.  My ex traeted his mother like crap, I should've known better as well.

Quoting Anonymous: I was naive. He treated me like a queen and i fell for it. Now the honeymoon phase is over.

Quoting CABZS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)