Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Next time I will not answer the phone

Posted by on May. 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  • 92 Replies
Ds teacher called an hour after I dropped him off. She said he vomited and I need to come get him. I got there 10 mins later and ds was already changed and playing with his classmates. His teacher avoided making eye contact with me so I grabbed ds and felt his head, no fever. He had a cough last night but no other symptoms of a cold or anything. Ds jeans were on backwards too and the teacher already had his dirty clothes waiting by the door. I'm not sure why she didn't tell him to put them on correctly. I waited for an explanation but it was obvious she was avoiding me. He's been in her class for only a month and I got a bad vibe from her since the beginning. The rules are, if they vomit more than once, the parent needs to come get them. Next time she calls, I will let her leave a voicemail and I'll determine if it's important enough to pick him up. Now we are home and ds is running all over the place...it's gonna be a long day :( I'm seriously thinking about asking if I can change his classroom but I'm afraid it might cause tension. Have you ever changed your child's classroom because of bad vibes? I really miss his old teacher. Oh and a few times I picked ds up early, she was having inappropriate conversations on her cell phone. The policy is no cell phones allowed and guess what? She called me from her cell phone.
by on May. 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:34 AM
No advice, comments....not dramatic enough?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 15, 2014 at 10:35 AM
That's just weird. What's the deal with her??
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:37 AM

no, I wouldn't switch teachers with this little left in a school year

Lostinindy
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:38 AM
If you get a bad vibe change the classroom. You don't like every person you meet and it is the same for teachers. End the issue and have him moved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:39 AM
The pants would be annoying, but I'm not seeing your problem. If he vomited, he should be sent home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2014 at 10:40 AM
She called you from her cell, it is good.
She called you to help you to take care of your son, it is great.
She is caring enough to take action!

Sorry your son recovered too fast, and you have to deal with his boost energy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Quoting outtamymynd: The pants would be annoying, but I'm not seeing your problem. If he vomited, he should be sent home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2014 at 10:42 AM
If he threw up, I don't see the issue in her calling to tell you to pick up your son, regardless if you thought he wasn't sick enough. She doesn't have time to cater to him if he were to throw up again. He's home now, cater to him and let it go. We have what, a month left of school, if that? Why change classrooms now?
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:44 AM
I think she's lazy tbh.

Quoting Anonymous: That's just weird. What's the deal with her??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 15, 2014 at 10:44 AM
7 moms liked this
The 2 times vomiting is a stupid rule. If he vomits even once, he needs to go home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)