Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry..I will not hire someone who wants to bring their own kids along..>ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 600 Replies
6 moms liked this

I am hiring a part time nanny for three weeks this summer while my step kids are here.  This is the time that we aren't on vacation and they aren't off to camp or enrolled in daycamp.

Three of the nannies I interviewed want to bring their own kids. 

Here is my issue.  I want a nanny who will take the kids on outings.  I have purchased zoo passes, museum passes, amusement park passes, and pool passes.  I also want her to take them skating and to the park.

All of these nannies have young children...one has a 3 month old. 

Not only that...but none of them have transportation for my kids and theirs. 

Okay...  A few points

I am providing a car that fits MY kids. 

Pay is negotiable.

Also...if their kids are close in age to my kids...and get along with my kids...  I would consider them bringing their kids. 

I advertised at $300 week...negotiable.  Meaning..I am willing to pay more.

Also...  I did find someone.  She has a daugther a year older than my youngest. 

Oh...and as for the people commenting on all the passes and camps and stuff. 

1.  BM signed her kids up for a camp and offered to add my DD to the "family" rate.

2.  We have these passes year round.

3.  The second camp they go to is one they all asked for.

4.  Most of the summer they are in daycamp.  I pay $350/week total for all three....and they provide food.  But the weeks I need were full.

I even wrote in my ad what I am looking for...then they get there for an interview and state that they want to bring their kids.

Why do they think it is okay to take their kids on a job?

My kids are 8, 10, and 11. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 12:48 PM

bump

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 15, 2014 at 12:48 PM
36 moms liked this

I understand where you are coming from. Keep looking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2014 at 12:48 PM
32 moms liked this

its becoming the norm for the mommies of today to think their children should be able to come to work with them on a daily basis, because most of them do not understand that no their child is not welcome  EVERYWHERE.   For gods sake they cant even get a babysitter for their kids when they need to go to the gyn.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM
35 moms liked this
My DD is six and she goes to work with me everyday. I have been a Nanny with the same family for 3 years.
TwoPennies
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM
24 moms liked this
I am a nanny on the east coast, and find that the nannies in our nanny group who bring their own children to work do not give the NF children the same treatment. It's disgusting, actually. I only care for newborns - 2yo and even though my ds is almost 9, I would never even consider to ask about him coming. In these instances the nanny gets ALL of the benefit- she's being paid by you to raise her kid.
Good for you not to allow it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I understand where you are coming from. Keep looking.

I am.  We are paying well.  Not sure what the issue is.  $300/week for 6 hours a day/4 days a week.  Plus vehicle, passes to all events, and that pay is negotioable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree.  I think a nanny would kids wouild naturally tend to her kids first, plus 4+ kids is alot of kids to manage for an outting or just hanging out at home.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM
6 moms liked this

I might consider a 6 year old.  MIGHT.  But I am not going to provide admission to all the things I am for my kids.  And she would have to get along with my kids.

These kids are all 3 and under.  THey aren't going to last for hours at some of these things like my kids will.

Quoting Anonymous: My DD is six and she goes to work with me everyday. I have been a Nanny with the same family for 3 years.

JoanahLee
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM
30 moms liked this

Im cool with a nanny with similar aged kids tagging a long, but a 3 month old is not compatible with what would be worth paying to send my pre teens off to do!  

Not having enough transportation would be a deal breaker too. 

I was hired as a nanny to keep a little boy who was 6 months older than my own son.  His mom was happy to have me because she said it make her feel better to see how well I cared for my own baby and knew hers would get the same care... he did.  It was great.  But my 1 year old would have been way in the way taking care of 11 year olds!!!  

Id maybe look for college students on break and adverties all the passes and stuff you have.  If I was young and childless id love to take older kids to all the fun places I dont really have an excuse to go to by myself! 

mommy2boys03
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:53 PM
16 moms liked this

I think the issue is that many stay at home moms look for this type of employment to supliment their income, especially due to the fact you only want someone for three weeks during the summer. I know you shouldn't have to do this but maybe put in your ad that a person's own children will not be allowed to join, or advertise in local college newspapers.  That would of been the type of job I would of loved and did over summer break.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN