Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would This Bother You? **WARNING EXTREMELY SENSITIVE IMAGES**

Posted by on May. 15, 2014 at 1:12 PM
  • 57 Replies

I've seen this subject brought up before.  If parents find comfort dealing with the loss of a baby, and share pictures with friends and family on FB, do you think FB should ban their pictures, videos etc?  If they give you a warning as I did...would you be ok with it? 

by on May. 15, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:37 PM
I don't think anything is wrong with sharing the videos. Is that one yours? I've seen it before. Sorry for your loss if it is.
Del672
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:43 PM

No, it's not me, but I've seen it before as well.  I saw another mother posting pictures of her still born baby that was also banned.  That baby was dressed in a sweet outfit, and she looked like she was sleeping.  I think it should be up to the member over there to decide what they want to see.   

Quoting VintageWife: I don't think anything is wrong with sharing the videos. Is that one yours? I've seen it before. Sorry for your loss if it is.

Del672
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:40 PM

BUMP!

kgbm13
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM
3 moms liked this

Too many people are scared of death and seeing death is even harder.  Those with a loss have just as much of a right to share their photos of their little angels.  Warning or not bullshit for having the photos removed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 2:49 PM
I think that every child should be celebrated regardless of how short their life is. Pictures and videos don't bother me. This video shows a live baby who wouldn't of lived long but deserved to have his time on earth documented and shared. Even babies born still should be shared if the family chooses to.
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I have seen something similar on fb. No it did not bother me. If it did I always have the option not to look.

chairhead28
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, if it's not breaking any TOS rules, anything can go on anyone's Facebook page they want.
If they are comfortable posting it...then it's what they want.
Everyone's got the right to scroll past it. It wouldn't bother me, but I also wouldn't watch it/look at the photos because I am pregnant currently and have had multiple miscarriages and ATM I don't think I could handle seeing something so sad :( beautiful, but very sad
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 2:54 PM

No it doesn't bother me at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 2:57 PM
It's not something I would choose to do, but it doesn't bother me if others do.
Matka_Kinder
by Tina on May. 15, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Those videos make me cry SO much. I feel for them because I lost a child as well. They bother me as in stirring emotions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)