Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I smacked my just turned 3 year old son in the face....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 700 Replies
8 moms liked this

This morning, he was pinching my other son's face hard for the millionth time and I kept telling them both to be good...and nice to each other and I just lost it, I didn't want him hurting his 4 year old brother anymore and I just let go.  Of course, I feel guilty but I'm really hoping he doesn't pinch, punch and bite anymore. He's vicious, even to me. 

Has anyone ever slapped their child's face, for any reason?  I'm not going to do it again...hoping he understands that being so violent actually hurts.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM

BUMP!

GoodLuckCharm14
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:08 PM
17 moms liked this
I never have. I feel bad for your three year old. You are about to be bashed to hell and back.

I have a 4 and 6 year old and I feel like a referee most of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2014 at 6:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I won't do that.  Not getting preachy here, but I limit my smacking to the butt area, if that. I understand that at age 3 kids can drive you insane.  You are OK. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2014 at 6:09 PM
19 moms liked this

I never slapped my child's face but I did pop his mouth once because of his constant biting. Not enough to hurt but enough to shock him and he hasn't bitten anyone since then.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM
15 moms liked this

🍸*watches*

wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM
19 moms liked this

I've smacked their mouths for extreme backtalk. Not really hard, just enough to let them know they went too far. Have not had to do that too often.

1stpreggers
by on May. 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM
3 moms liked this
I would never hit my son in the face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bjw_053109
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:11 PM
4 moms liked this
I have not. Good luck with this post though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Yes, he was pinching his brother's face and he's all scratched up and bruised from before...and I just lost it and full out slapped, I didn't hold back, it was crazy..but, I really didn't want him hurting him. I usually don't spank at all. I shocked myself. Of course, I gave him hugs and kisses and told him I was sorry and mommy doesn't want to hit or yell...but, he has to stop the aggressive behavior.  Thanks, momma. I felt sick doing that but my 4 year old doesn't defend himself, he lets the 3 yr old do that all the time...

Quoting Anonymous:

I won't do that.  Not getting preachy here, but I limit my smacking to the butt area, if that. I understand that at age 3 kids can drive you insane.  You are OK. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 15, 2014 at 6:11 PM
50 moms liked this

"Don't hurt your sibling!" -slaps face-

Yeah, that's teaching him not hurt some one. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)