Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

1 Woman and 5 Men

Posted by on May. 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM
  • 99 Replies

I was at a dinner party recently, there were about 5 couples/families I think. The women sort of congregated in the kitchen and family room while the guys took off to the living room. 

Early on, one woman up and left the group and had a seat with the guys for the remainder of our 4-5 hour get together.

Would this seem weird to anyone? She is a manager in a related field to 2-3 of the guys. The women are mostly sahm's.

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

by on May. 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shani527
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:27 PM
13 moms liked this
No, not strange. She has more common with them.
shadowcat76
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:28 PM

No, she probably just related better to the men since she does the same thing as some of them. Maybe being around all the SAHMs made her uncomfortable.

TowerWife
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Maybe she had more in common with the men she worked with than she did the sahms?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Either she's more comfortable with them because they have more in common ..or she's a whore and looking to sleep with someone's man. You can never rule that out. Lol
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:29 PM
No, not odd at all.
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on May. 15, 2014 at 7:29 PM

If I knew the men and didn't know the women, I would have joined the men also. 

SoInLove515
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:30 PM
I was actually at a friend's BBQ before and ended up hanging with the guys by the fire pit. Why? Because all the girls were just gossiping and just being...annoying. So I just sat back and chilled with the guys and drank a beer. The next day at cosmetology school there was a bunch of rumors that I was trying to take everyone's men. Smh
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I think she just felt more comfortable with the men.

CABZS
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Why would this be strange?

She mingled w/everyone so she wasn't rude & then spoke w/those she had more in common with.  They just happened to be men, oh well.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Idk I don't have problems relating or making/being friends with other women and I think there's something wrong with ones that do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)