Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm done with her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My MIL that is.

a bit of background. DH (we've been married 3 yrs in sept) comes from a bad family. How he came out clean I have no idea. His dad and brother are alcoholics. BIL hasn't touched alcohol in a few years but snorts pills now. My MIL and SIL are crackheads. SIL got out of jail in oct after a yr. MIL and FIL are separated. My MIL moved to the other side of the state to wait for her br to get out of jail (he made a meth lab, winner huh?). I come from a clean family. My dad unfortunately passed in 2012 when DS was 3 months old.

i got pregnant before I got to know his family. After everyone found out MIL called and asked if I wanted to hang out with the girls and get to know each other. We had got engaged and 3 weeks later we found out I was pregnant. When I was with her in the car I was in the front seat and SIL leaned forward and dropped something on the center console. MIL pulled out a straw and snorted it. She said "it isn't much. Just bath salts" hanging out with your soon to be DIL doing drugs while she's pregnant. (That was a first problem). When I had DS she came across the country to be with us. She detoxes, spends a week at the hospital, and we send her home (2nd problem). We move into her old house and she says she'll fix the furnace. She doesn't but fixes it for her crackhead friend when we moved out. (3rd). She misses both of DS's birthdays. Even with a month advance warning. (4th and 5th). 

We get a call today. SIL was in jail overnight and no way home. We go an hr a way to take her home. At this time after a couple days she's in detox mode. MIL said she was going to come get SIL in the morning to take her there away from her "friends". I realized she's able to come at the drop of a hat for SIL being in jail but miss DS's birthdays with a months notice. That was my final straw. I'm done forgiving. (And she blames us for not seeing her even though she moved away from family to wait for meth head).

should I feel guilty for not forgiving.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stashlee
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
No, you should not feel guilty aboit protecting yourself and your children from toxic family members.
MegMon1
by on May. 15, 2014 at 7:33 PM

No you shouldn't feel bad....She has made her choices and they weren't her non cracked out family...

amanda99003
by on May. 15, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Hell no and nor would I.

It sounds like jail time is just around the corner for the whole family I'd get out while the gettings good.

bothsidesofcoin
by on May. 15, 2014 at 7:35 PM
No. Walk away and let DH deal with her if he wants
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 7:36 PM

DH is always annoyed by her. He text her happy Mother's Day and she turned it into a guilt trip fight.

Quoting Stashlee: No, you should not feel guilty aboit protecting yourself and your children from toxic family members.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 7:37 PM

That's why DH doesn't talk to them that often.

Quoting amanda99003:

Hell no and nor would I.

It sounds like jail time is just around the corner for the whole family I'd get out while the gettings good.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 15, 2014 at 7:38 PM

They are complete trash.Stay far, far away and never let your DD see that lifestyle.

witzandglitz
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:39 PM
My God you got the golden nugget in that mudpie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I got upset not long ago around DS's bday saying his grandpa will never be here for bdays and what not. But he has a grandparents who just doesn't care. 

Quoting bothsidesofcoin: No. Walk away and let DH deal with her if he wants

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Good for you. Stay away, family away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN