Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gluten intolerance is imaginary

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 437 Replies
7 moms liked this
Says my neighbor. See I have this neighbor who is always sharing her interesting opinions with me and this was hers today. She said the only real gluten intolerance is called celac disease and that only like 1% of people have it. The new gluten free trend is people making up problems to feel special when they have nothing wrong with them. When I think on it all the people I know who go on about gluten are the whiny victim types so maybe she's on to something what do you think.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2014 at 9:17 PM
38 moms liked this
I actually agree with her :)
rebeccarae
by on May. 15, 2014 at 9:19 PM
14 moms liked this
I'm just gonna sit here for the comments.
zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:20 PM
28 moms liked this

Well your friend is very wrong on one account.  Celac's disease is not an intolerance, it's an allergy.  VERY different.  It's like milk.  People with actual milk allergies are allergic to the protein in milk and have to check every ingredient to make sure there is no whey, casine..etc. (ps I know I can't spell today).  Where as an intolerance can cause some bloating, gas, constipation.  It's the same with gluten intolerance.  People with Celac's disease have an allergy, it's an autoimmune disease.

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM
9 moms liked this

so let me guess, since only 1% of the population is allergic to paraben, my paraben allergy is in my head? I would LOVE to see you suffer what I been through not knowing all these years. Random burn marks that came from no where, constant itching and not having a clue why. Paranoid you have hidden invisible lice but yet no one can find them. Ya Id like to see you live through that.

Since going paraben free not only am I itch free, but no more random rashes, red marks, burn marks, itching, headaches, skin aggitation.

Keep on believing but I am not going to fuss being paraben free and chemical free.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:23 PM
21 moms liked this
Those who don't have to live with it have no right to judge or make presumptions about those who do.
winkyloafed
by on May. 15, 2014 at 9:23 PM
4 moms liked this
Gluten intolerance is a real thing. People are only against gluten because of some stupid beliefs of fad diets and it curing autism.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I just found out I am gluten-intolerant. I have been experiencing severe pain and bloating (I would look 6 months pregnant) for 9 years, I would eat everything, so I didn't know what it was until recently.  Antibodies show up in the blood and fight off wheat like it's a bacteria, is what my doc said.  No antibodies should show up, it should be <1 on blood test results.  Mine was 2.5.

ArmyWife112908
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:25 PM
7 moms liked this
I'll come over to her house and eat a cup cake and let her clean up my vomit and diarrhea.... yes there is a trend of gluten free but it's not fake.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Quoting ArmyWife112908: I'll come over to her house and eat a cup cake and let her clean up my vomit and diarrhea.... yes there is a trend of gluten free but it's not fake.

Have you been tested for Celiac Disease?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KeimUNCmomof3:

I just found out I am gluten-intolerant. I have been experiencing severe pain and bloating (I would look 6 months pregnant) for 9 years, I would eat everything, so I didn't know what it was until recently.  Antibodies show up in the blood and fight off wheat like it's a bacteria, is what my doc said.  No antibodies should show up, it should be <1 on blood test results.  Mine was 2.5.

You have Celiac and NOT an intolerance. Two different things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)