Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So I found out my babies gender yesterday.a bit early.lol. I'm 16wks.and I'm having another baby boy!yay so excited.my dh's mom and my mom not happy at all. They both wanted a girl so bad they r mad at me..
What do I do
by on May. 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
sami_henkel
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
U r so awesome!thank u I just smiled
Makes me feel like I should

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I have 2 boys and I love it!    

Tell your Mom that she had a daughter.... these are your children and you will love them regardless of gender.   That should shut her up.

Tell your MIL that she obviously failed, as her son produces boys.  That should shut her up.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Blame it on your hubby. Its his doings after all
sami_henkel
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:22 AM
All you wonderful ladies are complete ly right!! Thank you all so much
T-Rentsmommy06
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on your little boy. I have three, they are great. :) But it is also all I know.
Bwanna12Bree
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:27 AM

you found out the sex of your child. not the gender.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2014 at 12:29 AM

My MIL wanted a girl.  When we had our second, we were team green. She came to the hospital with a baby girl gift, but no baby boy gift. I didn't need a gift, but it made me sad that she only cared to bring a gift if it was a boy. To this day, it makes me sad. 

When we announced our pregnancy with # 3, the next time she visited she brought pink booties.  I'm glad for whatever baby I have, and it makes me mad she seems to only want a girl. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Lol! When I was pregnant with my youngest DD, my oldest (6 at the time) wanted a sister and kept saying that if the baby was born with a tail (what she use to call a penis) then she was going to cut off its tail and make it a girl. The entire pregnancy everyone but my oldest DD got to feel the baby move, but everytime she was moving and my DD put her hand on my stomach the baby would stop moving. I told her that it was because she kept threatening to cut off her tail.
I knew at the beginning of my pregnancy it was a girl because I only had pregnancy symptoms with my girls (had 4) and with the boys (had 2) I took a test to prove to their dad that I wasn't pregnant, but found out I was!

Quoting TwoPennies: What do you do?! What the hell IS THERE to do? You can't cut the kids penis off and make him a her.
You pick a name, you buy blue and you enjoy the hell out of your new son.
5boysproud
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Boys are fantastic. Im a mom of 5. Hunter is 17, logan is 10, trevor 8, jacob 6, and brennan is 3. My sister also has 3 boys. My brother had the girls, two out of three. He says his son is way easier than his girls, for him its less drama and he is easier at entertaining himself.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Congratulations!!!!They have to get over it. You don't have to do a thing. They knew it could be either and shouldn't be upset over that and mad at you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2014 at 9:33 AM
You should tell them it's not up to you to determine the sex of the baby. That's the fathers part. Anyway, I have 3 boys and I love it! Congrats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)