Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So I found out my babies gender yesterday.a bit early.lol. I'm 16wks.and I'm having another baby boy!yay so excited.my dh's mom and my mom not happy at all. They both wanted a girl so bad they r mad at me..
What do I do
by on May. 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
lwhill
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Why are they mad at you? Your dh's contribution determines the sex.
FutureCooper118
by Kylie on May. 16, 2014 at 11:47 AM

You physically have no control over the sex of a baby.. don't let them bother you and tell them to be thankful it's healthy. Hey! They might still get their wish though-- if it was done at 16 weeks it could have been too early to know 100% and could easily turn out to be a girl. Congrats on the new addition!!

sami_henkel
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Thank u all for the positive feedback. Its all overwhelming.
RHayden25
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pregnant with #4 and it is a fourth girl! I am happy :) Everyone else either laughs or asks if we will have another to try for a boy. No way! 4th and final.

ETA: with my third I had an early ultrasound and they said boy. But a few weeks later they changed to girl and she is definitely a girl ;)

badgirl44654
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Tell them somebody is buying your son from you when he's born for $50,000. If you can be believable, feed them a bunch of shit.
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on May. 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

When my daughter found out she was having her 2nd girl, her dh was not happy. He already had 3 girls and 1 boy, and wanted another boy, and of course they were raising dd's older daughter. I told him when that baby came out, it wasn't going to matter and of course I was right. He was over the moon, and now, 6 years later, she's his little princess, and you'd literally have to pry that kid out of his cold dead hands, and probably still wouldn't get her. LOL. They'll come around once they lay their eyes on your little one, I promise.

badgirl44654
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Here are all the kids of our family, the pictures were for grandma for mothers day.
sheebes00
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

They are both being ridiculous!!!! First of all, you can't choose the sex of your baby even if you wanted to. And not that it matters but, technically the MAN is the one who determines the sex. The XX and XY chromosomes are the pair of chromosomes that determine sex in humans. People with XX chromosomes are biologically females and people with XY chromosomes are biologically males.Because of this situation, female eggs (which only include one of the pair) always have an X chromosome. Males sperm can contain either an X or a Y chromosome, so males are solely responsible for determining the sex of a child.

Quoting sami_henkel: Thank you ladies My mil told me I failed, my mom won't even talk about it. So far perfect baby. Hurt my feelings n I cried. My dad thinks I'm over reacting..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Boys are fun. I have 2 boys.
sami_henkel
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Iv told them that my boys r perfect. And I was given boys for a reason. I love my family. And if my in laws don't like it.they don't need to be in our lives
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)