Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you feel if you found pot in your food -- delighted or outraged?

Posted by on May. 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 213 Replies

Couple Expecting a Baby Says Fast Food Burger Came Topped With Pot (VIDEO)

by Adriana Velez

marijuana cheeseburgerThere's always been a special relationship between marijuana smoking and fast food. But you usually partake of one before the other. You don't use pot as a garnish, usually. But maybe that's a new food trend I just don't know about? An Iowa couple claims they found pot between the patties of a cheeseburger. And why they decided to complain about this rather than enjoy I'll never know -- oh, because the woman is pregnant! Yikes, what happened here exactly?

An anonymous man says he bought his pregnant fiance a McDouble cheeseburger from McDonald's. They say after taking a bite they noticed some plant-like substance that looked and smelled like marijuana. They marched that burger back into the restaurant and spoke with management. Then they called the police. Fortunately, they saved the cheeseburger so it can be tested in a criminal investigation lab. But they won't get results for about a month.

Meanwhile, police are investigating who could have put the pot in the cheeseburger, and why. I'm sure they're looking at the employees first, though there's always the possibility that the couple planted it there themselves. But I could answer that second question, why: Because that's the sort of prank some bored goofball kid would pull while high. Can't you see it? "Heheh, duuude, I put pot in someone's cheeseburger!" It's a wonder this doesn't happen more often.

But it's not just a stupid prank. First of all, no one should be tricked into consuming a drug, period. Secondly, it was a pregnant woman who ate the cheeseburger -- and while some doctors say it's safe to toke while pregnant, not everyone agrees. And thirdly, this prank would be a crime against a business, too, as Lt. Jason Bell of the Ottumwa, Iowa Police Department points out. This tarnishes the product and reputation of a restaurant. I mean, wouldn't you be a little nervous about eating at that establishment now? And it's not even their fault.

If they catch a suspect it will be a Class D felony. In Iowa that's on par with pimping and carries a sentence of up to 5 years in prison and a fine of $750 to $7,500. So whoever did this probably knows by now that they're in a heap of trouble if they get caught. Well, if they're paying attention. Who knows -- maybe they're too irresponsible to even know what's happening.

Click here for video

How would you feel if you found pot in your food -- delighted or outraged?

by on May. 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 16, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww yeah! Id be happy. Lol
Pink_Sunshine_
by on May. 16, 2014 at 9:26 AM
10 moms liked this
Highly irritated and disgusted. I don't like my food being played with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2014 at 9:26 AM
5 moms liked this
I'd be pissed. I don't partake in recreational drugs.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM
5 moms liked this

Angry; I don't want my food tampered with.

Apathetic; I have enough medical-grade marijuana at any given time that finding a random bud wouldn't excite me overmuch.

zeenah
by Zarah on May. 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I'm pregnant too and I would not be happy

Big sister to be!

lasombrs
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:29 AM
I'd be pissed. You never know what might mix with meds someone is already on, if their drug is contaminated some how etc. it might be funny to them but what if they killed someone? Not a very safe joke :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Why would anyone do that. Eating pot like that wont get anyone high.

But yes I'd be ticked off.
Zengirl79
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Pregnant or not I'd be angry and I happen to like pot once in a while.   The idea of someone drugging my food is extremely disturbing.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be very upset.

danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I'd be pissed.

Eating pot is very different from smoking it.

And I also don't know if the pot is laced with something else.

What if my kid was eating the burger? They might not notice it was in there.

I hope the prick who did that gets fired and charged.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)