Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Untold stories of the E.R

Posted by on May. 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • 518 Replies
2 moms liked this
If you worked in the E.R. what are the tales you could tell me ? I love hearing crazy, interesting stories !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this
A 21 yr old man came in because of a frosh week prank. Two sorority sisters asked if he wanted a threesome and brought him back to their place. While one kept him distracted, the other melted wax then poured it down his pants. He luckily wasn't burned but couldn't take off his pants. We had to peel him out bit by bit.
We called the police but he was too embarrassed to press charges.
rescuekim
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Had a lady bring her toddler in because he got shampoo in his eye.  Serious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM
8 moms liked this

I dont work in an er but one day my friend called me all fresaked out  She said:  Take my kids!  I was like:  Huh?  She said:  Take my kids I have to take dh to the er.  Apparently he got an 8 inch long dildo stuck up his butt and it had been in there for 3 days.  

Ooooookay...

lunabella79
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy shit!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont work in an er but one day my friend called me all fresaked out  She said:  Take my kids!  I was like:  Huh?  She said:  Take my kids I have to take dh to the er.  Apparently he got an 8 inch long dildo stuck up his butt and it had been in there for 3 days.  

Ooooookay...

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM

BUMP!

lunabella79
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Wth is wrong w people??

Quoting rescuekim:

Had a lady bring her toddler in because he got shampoo in his eye.  Serious.

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm an ER nurse. I've seen quite a bit over the last 10 years.

The guy who killed his wife and had started to eat her. (She was going to leave him)

The guy who came in from a bar fight for his dislocated shoulder and had been stabbed but didn't know it.

The guy who came in complaining of a slight headache that he just couldn't shake. Finally gets a cat scan of his head and they see a bullet in his head. Yup- he had been shot in the head and didn't realize it (so was his claim)

The multiple women/girls giving birth while screaming that there is absolutely no chance they could be pregnant.

Too many abused children.

sometimesred
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM
26 moms liked this

ok, a while back.  Small town , rural.  In the weekly paper there were a series over several weeks of guys holding some rattlesnake they killed, each longer the previous one.  Got to be a thing in the community for men to try to kill a bigger snake so they could get their picture on the front page of the news paper holding the snake they shot.

This one guy was riding in the passenger side of a pickup down a dirt road when he saw a very large rattler and rolled down the window and pulled a pistol out of the glove box to shoot it.  Well the driver hit a bump and the pistol discharged prematurely.  It shot a snake between the eyes, but not the one he planned to shoot.  Came into the ER and explained to the doctor why he had just shot himself in the penis, had to scrape the doctor off the floor.

Doc kept saying, "I can just see the newspaper now...Here is Mr. .... Holding the snake he shot this past week at...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2014 at 12:20 PM
3 moms liked this
Worked in the ER...people come in because they put sex toys up their vajayjay's and they get "lost". Or there's the glade air freshmen cap stuck up someone's rectum because they "slipped and fell on it ". Or they have a mole they've had for 3 years they want taken off because now they can pay for it. All kinds of stupid crap. I lived getting chewed out by the person with a sore throat because they 'd been waiting 45 minutes. My reply...let me stop doing CPR on the guy in the back and take care of the sore throat you've had for 3 weeks.
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Wow . I have never heard of frosh week .

Quoting Anonymous: A 21 yr old man came in because of a frosh week prank. Two sorority sisters asked if he wanted a threesome and brought him back to their place. While one kept him distracted, the other melted wax then poured it down his pants. He luckily wasn't burned but couldn't take off his pants. We had to peel him out bit by bit.
We called the police but he was too embarrassed to press charges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)