Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vaginal vs. C-Section: Which Is Better?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 264 Replies

Vaginal births verses c-sections: which is the better choice or does it depend on the situation?

I lean towards elective C-Sections because although it is a major surgery at least you won't spend half a day in labor. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2014 at 1:12 PM
11 moms liked this
Whatever situation leads to a healthy baby. That's the best choice. Sometimes that means a c section.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 16, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Vaginal. And I had a c section.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM
8 moms liked this
Vaginal is better for mommy and baby in most cases. Half the day in labor is nothing compared to weeks of recovery from a major surgery. I was able to immediately get up and walk around after delivery, no pain. It was painful for those few hours and then it was all gone. With a c-section recovery takes much longer and there is potential for more complications for both you and the baby post delivery.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Vagainal if possible, C-sections only when medically necessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Is this a real issue? Whatever is best for mom and baby!
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM

I have had both.  C section was actually less painful and less recovery time.  I had a 4th degree tear that would not heal with my vaginal delivery had surgery on it 8 weeks after initial delivery.  Most women however recover from a vaginal delivery faster.  

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM
13 moms liked this

Elective C-sections are irresponsible, IMO. If you have to have a C-section,because your baby's health is in danger or your health is in danger, that is one thing. To elect it, however, is risking your death for convenience sake. That's irresponsible.

zeenah
by Zarah on May. 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM

I think it depends on what is best for the baby and mommy. I don't really like elective csections. I had vaginal and I didn't spend half the day in labor.

Big sister to be!

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM
4 moms liked this

Definitely vaginal.  It's safer, better for you, better for the baby.  Elective c-sections are pointless major surgery that puts you at risk of death way more than a vaginal does. 

I've had three vaginals, and one emergency c-section that still took 45 minutes to get her out.  I recovered from the vaginals so much faster.  The c-section recovery was beyond painful and I couldn't lift more than the baby for six weeks.  I now have a surgical hernia thanks to the c-section too.  When they took the dressings off the morning after the surgery, it felt like my guts were falling out.  C-section recovery is HORRIBLE.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Vaginal...much less risk to mom, baby, and future pregnancies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)