Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I turning my daughter into a whore? Little Add on in Blue

Posted by on May. 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM
  • 720 Replies
5 moms liked this

My friends say I am because I got my teenage daughter birth control.  She came to me a week ago and told me that she was thinking about having sex with her boyfriend and wanted to get birth control.  We talked about all the risks involved in a sexual relationship, but I set her up an appointment with my gyno and yesterday, she got the depo shot.  My friends and I were talking and one of them said by allowing her to get birth control, I'm basically telling her that it's ok to be a whore.

I don't think that at all, but now I'm worried I sent her the wrong message.  What do you think?

We talked about not only the physical risks with sex, but also the emotional investment and what a toll it can take on a woman if the relationship turns sour.  We also talked about STD's and bought condoms.  We also had a talk with her boyfriend and her boyfriend's parents.  His parents went crazy!!!  They screamed at him and told me what a horrible mom I am.  They forbid him to see my daughter.  So far, they've kind of abided by that.  He comes to her track practices.  They do talk on the phone (A LOT), but I did make sure that was ok with his mom.  I have no idea what is going to happen...

by on May. 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM
106 moms liked this
Your friends are idiots.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM
24 moms liked this

no i think it great she came to you and i dont think it makes your daughter a whore but it makes her responsible

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM
7 moms liked this
As a mother of a daughter I would do the same thing.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM
10 moms liked this
Did you also talk to her about the importance of condoms? The risks of bc (possible cancer included), and the risks that come with depo?
mamabear55
by on May. 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM
8 moms liked this

I think so too.  She could have just gone to a free clinic, but she came to me and I think that's good.

Quoting Anonymous:

no i think it great she came to you and i dont think it makes your daughter a whore but it makes her responsible

LadyVoldemort
by on May. 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM
20 moms liked this

I don't think it makes her a whore, it makes her a responsible young lady who knew to go to her mother with concerns

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on May. 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd rather my DS come to me and communicate and I would totally get him condoms, it is safer than unprotected sex!!! I'm bad, I'd get his GF BC, too. I know other parents would be mad, but if your daughter can't come to you, then maybe there's more of a problem then the kids having sex... My DS is 3, so we have years before I even have to think about that predicament.

mamabear55
by on May. 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM
5 moms liked this

The gyno and my daughter talked about all the risks.  We did talk about using condoms, the STD risks and we bought a box of condoms as well.

Quoting ColleenF30: Did you also talk to her about the importance of condoms? The risks of bc (possible cancer included), and the risks that come with depo?

ladybugchick317
by on May. 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM
3 moms liked this

No you are helping her protect herself. Kids are going to make their own choices if you are there or not. Atleast you are helping her be prepared. My sd16 was on bc when she was with us but her mom took her off of it when she moved in with bm and we didn't know she was off of it until she told us she was pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
If she is twelve or under.... yeah that's bad.... I'd still get her the shot but it's pretty bad. Other than that, I'd say you are doing a good job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN