Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Münchausen syndrome (Long)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I think my of my friend has this.... About 2 weeks ago she posted how her daughter has been throwing up for days And is being admitted into the hospital ,the next day she was out because the doctors could find no problems And she hadn't thrown up once in the hospital. A couple days later same thing, doctors have done every test known to man And can't find any problems at all but keep admitting her because she's been so many times but everytime is the same... She's fine at the hospital then a couple days later becomes ill again with the mother posting all over social media about it. I'm worried about them both, what would you think or do?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Call cps with this concern. The child will end up dead if nothing is done...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I think you should stop judging her. I was once accused of having that on here. It's not a good feeling. But I kept up looking for answers and we finally got them about a year ago. Haven't needed to go to the doctor since and it's such a relief.
lillettemomma
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM
It's munchousen by proxy btw munchousen is when you make your self sick.....by proxy means your doing it to someone else........
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 17, 2014 at 12:03 PM

MYOB!!  I had an ex-friend who called CPS on me because she thought I had it and lucky for me my doctor's had my back!  If the doctor's are concerned they WILL CALL BECAUSE THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO CALL!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM
If so, the doctors should figure it out.
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:08 PM
It's Münchhausen by proxy and you should mind your own business. That's a very serious accusation. It's not unheard of for doctors to be completely clueless about a medical condition and not be able to figure out what's going on. That doesn't mean that the mother is making her daughter sick.
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:09 PM
You do know what Munchausen by proxy entails right? Those are serious accusations.
cmfarm
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM

If the mom did have it wouldn't she be doing it at the hospital too? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Maybe it's something the kid is eating at home that she is having a reaction to that's not fed in hospital. Anything as simple as bread or milk
lowencope
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM
I understand your concern but I'd be careful what you're accusing her of.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)