Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is your family like this? How do you deal with it? Constant back stabbing!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I have a huge family and they talk about each other constntly behind each others backs. I am considered  a bitch because if I have a problem with someone I just tell them. I don't call my mom, sister, aunt, etc and bitch about it. My mom sems to enjoy getting in the middle of it, too. She will casually say, "I think so and so was upset with you because of XYZ". And I will get VERY angry and say, "Why didn't so and so just TELL ME? Why did they complain to you?" It has gotten so bad I don't even talk to my family much and I skip most family functions. I want my kids to be close to their cousins but I am always stressed and pissed off when I find out they are all back stabbing me (and each other)!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
handy0318
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds pretty toxic. I'd just have the cousins over for sleep overs and skip the rest.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM

All my mother does is talk badly to me about my sister and visa versa. We both ignore her

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Yes, my in-laws and I gave them big F-U and we no longer deal with them. Life is much nicer now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Sounds stressful. Must has been hard growing up in that environment.

My family loves each other and we wouldn't dream of fighting like that or calling each other a bitch.
daisymahaffey
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I have a sister like that. So I just quit telling her anything important and know she is just gonna talk trash. The people who matter don't listen to her.
rsmom2511
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Yes, my in-laws can be that way.,, they're very arrogant and bitchy. It stinks because I'd love to have in laws who I went for coffee with or who really took the time to know me. It makes the holidays less fun but hubby and I always throw parties for our friends- you know, people we actually like, around the holidays to celebrate with and we secretly count that as our real festivities!
Ray-of-Beezy
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Sounds like my in-laws and I'm considered the bitch because I'm flat out with them all. I'm known to cut people off, while they're complaining about someone else, by saying "I don't care" and walking away. We can never have a get together without some sort of drama so I typically don't attend their functions.

I do my best to limit DS's interaction with them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM
My family was like that before everyone was settled.
Find away to unify your family and reap the rewards.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Oh that's my in-laws. It drives me nuts because I'm not used to dealing with things that way. If there's a problem, I prefer to confront it and fix if. But apparently that makes me bitchy and scary- according to BIL and his girlfriend, who lived with us for a few months.

Meh. I've stopped contact with them and deal when I have to. I worry about my kids and how they'll be treated, but... Overall, it's more pleasant not dealing with them.
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Hi! Are you related to me? lol Yeah my family is pretty bad. I only keep in touch with my one brother and grandmother but attend family events for my grandmother's sake. As soon as she passes I will cut ties with all the toxic ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)