Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

they're threatening suicide.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
So I posted last week about my mom calling CPS on me because she didn't get her way... Well I took yours and my dhs advice and cut her out, I've talked to her through Facebook a few times, she seemed sorry and I was thinking with a lot of time and maybe some counseling she might get better. Boy I was wrong.

My grandma text me this morning acting like I was playing the same gmea my mom was and trying to get me to just forget it and let my mom see my kids again. No, that isn't happening. I told her that flat put. Some day if I feel She changed she can come around again, until then she needs to go away. Now my grandma is saying she will kill herself.

I know my mom put her up to this, it's making me really sad rthat I'm going to have to loose my grandma too...

Would you wait a few days and try to call grandma, or just stop talking to all of them?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Did your grandma say that your mom is threatening to kill herself, or grandma is threatening to kill herself, or they both are?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Call the police and ask for them to do a Welfare check on both your Mom and Grandmother.  Let them know that your Mom is threatening suicide. 

They will check up on her, and either decide she might need to be taken in for her own safety.  Or possibly it might get your Mom to realize she can't play these games anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2014 at 1:08 PM
My grandma is. Sorry about all the typos. I'm still getting use to this tablet.

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman:

Did your grandma say that your mom is threatening to kill herself, or grandma is threatening to kill herself, or they both are?

texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM
This exactly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call the police and ask for them to do a Welfare check on both your Mom and Grandmother.  Let them know that your Mom is threatening suicide. 

They will check up on her, and either decide she might need to be taken in for her own safety.  Or possibly it might get your Mom to realize she can't play these games anymore.

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Your grandma said she was going to kill herself.  If it was just a figure of speech like "he's going to kill me when he finds out . . ." then I'd call her in a couple days and give her another chance to be less dramatic.  If you think it was a potential threat to actually kill herself, I'd call her local law enforcement number and have them do a welfare check.

Quoting Anonymous: My grandma is. Sorry about all the typos. I'm still getting use to this tablet.
Quoting Hubris_Huntsman:

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I'd be done with both of them for good, because emotional manipulation is not a tune I'm willing to dance to on their puppet strings.

nelliesmommy
by on May. 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM
I would be done with both I think. How manipulative.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Welfare check. They are trying to manipulate you emotionally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I guess I never realized how bad my grandma was because my moms crazy always over shadowed Hera.

Quoting nelliesmommy: I would be done with both I think. How manipulative.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I think writing things out in a letter works well for me. There is no way to interrupt or argue. Write one letter and make 2 copies, tell you mom how much it hurt that she did this and state your reasoning in a non explosive manner why she is not allowed around for a bit. Leave it open for her to earn her way back in instead of totally closing the door. maybe your grandma will see how mature and reasonable you are being and let it go. good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN