Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want an abortion but my DH doesnt want me to have one.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1214 Replies
2 moms liked this

Long story short about 5 years ago I lost a baby because of eclampsia  at 39 weeks pregnant. I knew after that I never wanted to risk that pain again and got my tubes tied. DH was very supportive and agreed with the decision.

We of course talked about what would ever happen if god forbid I did get pregnant again and we decided that I would never want to carry a baby to term because of the health risks ( I had pre e with two pregnancies and then pre e which turned into e with the baby we lost the doctors said it is likely it would happen again) and the pain it would cause me. Of course we never thought it would ever happen

Well it did. I thought I was going through menopause or something and made a doctors appointment. I was having weird symptoms but it turns out I am pregnant. I feel like I have the worst luck in the entire world. I dont want this at all 

And to make things worse my DH doesnt want me to have an abortion. I told him there is no way I am continuing this pregnancy. He hasnt said anything more about it and refuses to talk about it. I have an appointment set for Monday. 

Now that it will finally let me edit my post 

Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I had the procedure done. My DH came with me and surprised me with flowers and an apology he was there for everything He said he just wasn't thinking things through and that his judgement was clouded he didn't want to believe the doctors I told him that I was still rethinking things and that I wanted to go to marriage counseling we are going to set up an apointment. They are keeping me in the hospital over night to make sure my bp is okay and doesn't get too high so I might not be able to respond asap or to everyone

Some more info. My life was at risk there was a slim chance (less than 15% of a positive outcome that is the lowest bracket my doctor uses)

I am 45 years old and already have high bp and take medications daily because of it

Being closely monitored could have helped but was not a sure thing as was not an option as I have to work and can not live in the hospital 24/7.

I also have 4 children.

When I got eclampsia it was very sudden my bp was stable and then all of a sudden I was having seizures I had 11 total and I have brain damage from it I almost died then

I am not sure what the future holds for me and my husband we still have a lot to work out
Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I had the procedure done. My DH came with me and surprised me with flowers and an apology he was there for everything He said he just wasn't thinking things through and that his judgement was clouded he didn't want to believe the doctors I told him that I was still rethinking things and that I wanted to go to marriage counseling we are going to set up an apointment. They are keeping me in the hospital over night to make sure my bp is okay and doesn't get too high so I might not be able to respond asap or to everyone

Some more info. My life was at risk there was a slim chance (less than 15% of a positive outcome that is the lowest bracket my doctor uses)

I am 45 years old and already have high bp and take medications daily because of it

Being closely monitored could have helped but was not a sure thing as was not an option as I have to work and can not live in the hospital 24/7.

I also have 4 children.

When I got eclampsia it was very sudden my bp was stable and then all of a sudden I was having seizures I had 11 total and I have brain damage from it I almost died then

I am not sure what the future holds for me and my husband we still have a lot to work out
Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM
19 moms liked this
Maybe this is your one chance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2014 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this

My one chance for what exactly?

Quoting Beenhereforever: Maybe this is your one chance.

Mak33012
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm sorry, not to sound heartless but are you sure the pregnancy is even viable? Isn't it possible it's in your tubes? Don't know much about this but I do wish you the best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM

It isnt in my tubes we checked 

Quoting Mak33012: I'm sorry, not to sound heartless but are you sure the pregnancy is even viable? Isn't it possible it's in your tubes? Don't know much about this but I do wish you the best.

Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM
7 moms liked this
For a healthy baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM
15 moms liked this

I have 4 beautiful and healthy children 

Quoting Beenhereforever: For a healthy baby.
Quoting Anonymous:

Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Sorry, I didn't know you had children.. How far along are you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM

8 weeks 

Quoting Beenhereforever: Sorry, I didn't know you had children.. How far along are you?
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

areid1023
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM
5 moms liked this
Gosh that's tough. I hope he comes around and can support you in this decision. I'm so sorry you're going through it. It's especially unfair of him to treat you this way when yall had already discussed it and agreed. He can't help how he feels but he can help how he treats you.

Do you have someone else that will be there and support you during this time? Best of luck.
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on May. 17, 2014 at 1:13 PM
93 moms liked this
Personally I couldn't end something dh and I created together.

Good luck with that, be prepared to deal with the consequences that it may cause within your marriage.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)