Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think child support is STUPID

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 440 Replies
18 moms liked this

I have three kids with my ex. They live with me. He gets them Tuesday nights 4:00-7:30ish. And every other weekend Friday 4:00-Sunday 7:30ish...

******they are in school mon-fri from 8-3

everyone says I'm dumb for not asking for child support...why would I?

When dh and I split up, we figured he would have to pay me about. $800 a month. I do not, and never have spent $800 on my kids in a month. 

He has our kids almost just as much as I do. He buys them things when he has them. I do when I have them. He makes almost 100,000 a year. I make 52, 000 a year, I don't feel the need for him to support ME. He supports our kids when they're with him & I support the, when they're with me! 

A friend if mine gets $375 a month for 1 kid. The dad gets the kid almost 50/50 why on earth does he need to help pay his exes rent???

if your having a kid, you need to be able to support them no matter what. Damn people, why should your EX have to pay your bills..

I guess I just don't get it...

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ihave1
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Good for you I guess

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2014 at 11:42 PM
4 moms liked this
Child support is for the kids.
lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:43 PM
23 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I never received cs and I never needed it. My daughter's father is a dead beat though so that bastard should pay something.
HisLove18
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:45 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm ordered it but don't receive it! But I also have my child 365 days a year
momasaurus420
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:46 PM
5 moms liked this
Child support is to help the children...so it's like living on the same amount you had before you guys split. If that makes sense...but some ladies get money hungry.
I have my son 90% of the time...I get $166/mo. It all goes to my son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2014 at 11:46 PM
32 moms liked this
From what you said he doesn't get them as much as you. That said if you don't want/need child support than good for you but don't judge mom's who do. When it comes to child support issues I don't get involved or judge people I just don't think it's my business
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2014 at 11:46 PM
23 moms liked this
"Almost just as much as you"?

He has them about 108 hours a month. That would leave them with you about 612 hours a month on average.

How is that "almost just as much?"
aflekool427
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:47 PM
3 moms liked this
I get around $350 for both kids, but I have them most of the time. Plus I provide medical and anything they need besides clothes and food when he has them. He hasn't always paid it and he hasn't always been there after we split do I feel that it's fair that he contributes to the things they need. I make enough on my own but with the extra money they are able to eat better, and have nice things. I'm nice enough to give him copies of any pictures that get done though, and he comes to their bday parties so I really don't feel like he's getting screwed or anything. Alimony is what is stupid.
bcoll
by Brandi on May. 17, 2014 at 11:47 PM
14 moms liked this

If custody was shared 50/50 in all cases and each parent was fronting half of the cost for raising the child I agree. It doesn't always work that way and I think all parents should have to be reponsible for their children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)