Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why should I pay cs?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My ex is getting the kids for the summer. I told him to keep his cs since he is going to have them. He pays me 250 a month in cs. He asked how much was I going to give him for cs. I told him t think of the 250 he isn't paying me as cs. He had the nerve to say he didn't think 250 would cover everything the kids would need while he had them.
Ya think idiot? I didn't know 250 was barely a drop in the bucket considering that child care alone was 150 a week plus the kids activities, health insurance and all their other basic necessities. 
When I told him if he could afford to care for his kids they could stay here he dropped the subject about cs.
What did he expect from me? I bought them their season passes, travel expenses and summer clothes. All he has to do is feed them and spend time with them. His wife doesn't work during the summer so he shouldn't have any childcare expenses. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM

By court order he is suppose to pay me 250 a month regardless of his visitation. His court order visitation is every other weekend, one week during winter break and two weeks during the summer. But since he lives out of state he gets them the entire summer and one week during winter break.
I am the one being nice by saying" Look I underdstand you can't afford to see the kids every other weekend. You can have them the entire summer and don't worry about having to pay me CS during that time."
That CS is suppose to calculate the time he has them during the month which he doesn't. They are 100% my responsibility nine month out of the year now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Equal rights hon,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 18, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Audrey?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 18, 2014 at 3:26 PM

His CS is court order. By court order he is suppose to have the kids every other weekend, one week in the winter and two weeks in the summer. He couldn't afford to drive up and see them every other weekend so I am letting him have them the entire summer. Maybe if we went back to court and I proved that I had them 100% of the time nine months a year he wouldn't like the increase of CS he would have to pay me.

Quoting mehaffiesub: Yeah I wonder what the OP would do if the tables were turned?
Quoting Anonymous:

Equal rights hon,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 18, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

By court order he is suppose to pay me 250 a month regardless of his visitation. His court order visitation is every other weekend, one week during winter break and two weeks during the summer. But since he lives out of state he gets them the entire summer and one week during winter break.I am the one being nice by saying" Look I underdstand you can't afford to see the kids every other weekend. You can have them the entire summer and don't worry about having to pay me CS during that time."That CS is suppose to calculate the time he has them during the month which he doesn't. They are 100% my responsibility nine month out of the year now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Equal rights hon,

How are they 100% your responsibiity if he is paying child support? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM
We have joint custody. His cs is based off joint custody but if I have them 100% of the time that is considered sole custody. That makes them my responsibility 100% of the time nine months a year. Joint and sole custody cs is different in my state.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

By court order he is suppose to pay me 250 a month regardless of his visitation. His court order visitation is every other weekend, one week during winter break and two weeks during the summer. But since he lives out of state he gets them the entire summer and one week during winter break.I am the one being nice by saying" Look I underdstand you can't afford to see the kids every other weekend. You can have them the entire summer and don't worry about having to pay me CS during that time."That CS is suppose to calculate the time he has them during the month which he doesn't. They are 100% my responsibility nine month out of the year now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Equal rights hon,

How are they 100% your responsibiity if he is paying child support? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 18, 2014 at 3:40 PM
There is no reprieve in cs for the summer

Quoting codfish: He will be getting to stop paying c for the summer. Most courts wouldn't agree to that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Equal rights hon,

mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on May. 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM
I'd do what's right and tell the judge what's going on. No I am not a parent who recieves CS nor do I pay CS, I just think all CS should be fair between parents. I also think if something changes that should be noted so that CS can still remain fair.

Quoting Anonymous: His CS is court order. By court order he is suppose to have the kids every other weekend, one week in the winter and two weeks in the summer. He couldn't afford to drive up and see them every other weekend so I am letting him have them the entire summer. Maybe if we went back to court and I proved that I had them 100% of the time nine months a year he wouldn't like the increase of CS he would have to pay me.Quoting mehaffiesub: Yeah I wonder what the OP would do if the tables were turned?

Quoting Anonymous:

Equal rights hon,

mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on May. 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Hold on? If his CS is court ordered then I assume it comes out of his check right? So if it comes out of his check how is he suppose to not pay it while he has the kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

His CS is court order. By court order he is suppose to have the kids every other weekend, one week in the winter and two weeks in the summer. He couldn't afford to drive up and see them every other weekend so I am letting him have them the entire summer. Maybe if we went back to court and I proved that I had them 100% of the time nine months a year he wouldn't like the increase of CS he would have to pay me.

Quoting mehaffiesub: Yeah I wonder what the OP would do if the tables were turned?

Quoting Anonymous:

Equal rights hon,

LiliM
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2014 at 3:51 PM

As the wife of someone who paid CS whether we had the kid or not, I think refusing CS while he had them was fine.  I can see why he feels he has a right to ask, but you were fine with the gesture you made.

Don't mess with Granny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM

CS is deposited on a card. I am letting him keep the card during the summer so he is "keeping his money" 

Quoting mehaffiesub: Hold on? If his CS is court ordered then I assume it comes out of his check right? So if it comes out of his check how is he suppose to not pay it while he has the kids?
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Equal rights hon,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN