Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why should I pay cs?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My ex is getting the kids for the summer. I told him to keep his cs since he is going to have them. He pays me 250 a month in cs. He asked how much was I going to give him for cs. I told him t think of the 250 he isn't paying me as cs. He had the nerve to say he didn't think 250 would cover everything the kids would need while he had them.
Ya think idiot? I didn't know 250 was barely a drop in the bucket considering that child care alone was 150 a week plus the kids activities, health insurance and all their other basic necessities. 
When I told him if he could afford to care for his kids they could stay here he dropped the subject about cs.
What did he expect from me? I bought them their season passes, travel expenses and summer clothes. All he has to do is feed them and spend time with them. His wife doesn't work during the summer so he shouldn't have any childcare expenses. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Replies (31-38):
P.e.b.b.l.e.s
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Since it is on a card, why don't you just withdraw the money and send him a check or money order or bank transfer from your account to his.  I am only saying this just in case the card "gets lost."  

I get it you're trying to be nice, and a the wife of someone who got got continually screwed over by his ex, I think it is wonderful you're thinking of the kids by letting him keep the child support to ensure a good summer for them.  It is just that he has already been an asshole by expecting you to pay in addition to returning what he paid.  I just don't want to see you get screwed over by him thinking that the two months worth wasn't enough and keeping the card to try to get more because how can you really prove who made a transaction on it?  Not every place has a camera and CSE isn't exactly like a bank where things are insured if your debit/credit card gets stolen.  Also, since you gave him permission to use for June and July, it is his word against yours that you didn't also give him permission for August also.  

I overthink things, sorry.

Quoting Anonymous: CS is deposited on a card. I am letting him keep the card this summer
Quoting P.e.b.b.l.e.s:

Does he pay it through CSE/the courts?  Then he can't "keep it".  He has to pay it, even though you said he didn't have to.  CSE will automatically put him in arrears.  

I don't know where you are, but you said your child support is based on you having joint custody.  Where I live, when abatements are figured into child support like that, it is averaged throughout the whole year.  My DH's child support was lowered 15% for his visitation.  Sounds to me like your ex has an abatement like that too so he still has to pay year 'round.     

Nutball3
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Um no. Think about it. During the time he will be having them she is still paying for insurance, clothing, part of entertainment, shoes, etcetera. He is responsible for food and extras. "Fair" would be he buy the apparel, pay the summer portion of entertainment and insurance and everything else. He's lucky to be getting the $250/mo break!

Quoting Anonymous:

Equal rights hon,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 23, 2014 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this

This isn't true. CS doesn't stop just because one of the parent remarries... in any state.

Quoting Anonymous: In California if the man or woman remarries then the child support stops. What state do you live in?

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM
He should be happy you said he didn't have to pay. You didn't have to. The support is calculated with all of that taken in to account.
msjoecool
by Crissy on May. 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM
No. You're thinking of alimony.

Quoting Anonymous: In California if the man or woman remarries then the child support stops. What state do you live in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM
At least you get payed. My ex owes a lot and his payment is only 280
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM
I was told both. Plus I didn't get child support when I was married for the second time. My second ex made enough to support all four of my kids.

Quoting msjoecool: No. You're thinking of alimony.

AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Agreed

Quoting Anonymous: He barely supports those kids as it is, what an idiot to expect you to pay him CS the only 2 months a year he actually takes care of them. Men are morons.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN