Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Which do you think is easier?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Do you think it's easier for a single mom or dad to find someone?

I think it would be easier for a single dad to find someone because I think women are more open to the idea of helping raise someone elses children.

What are your thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phoenix7
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM

i tend to agree with that logic

ihave1
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM

My thoughts are that I really don't care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 18, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Bump.
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2014 at 3:43 PM

You can't generalize like that. It depends on the man and the woman. I have no interests in raising anyone else's children. But I am a step mom, lol.

Birdseed
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think there's a simple answer because situations and social/cultural things come into play as well.

For me, I was very specific when dating that I did not want to date a man with kids.  (the one and only guy I dated WITH kids is now my DH go figure.)  I didn't want to date men who had kids but weren't involved--which seemed like the majority of Dads.

I think it's EASIER for a guy to be a SF than for a woman to be a SM.  So in general, I think it's probably easier for a woman to remarry with kids if she has them full time than for a man in a similar situation to remarry.  But overall, I think that men with kids they don't see have it easiest of all. 

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on May. 18, 2014 at 3:46 PM

I've never really thought about it.  I guess it woul depend on the individual person

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2014 at 3:46 PM
I really don't know. It appears that is true, but personally, I would never have dated someone with children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 18, 2014 at 3:47 PM
I don't know. I've known a lot of single moms who have found other men but cant say I know of single dad personally enough to know
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Dad. I know i wpuld not have a problem dating a single dad, but dh would NEVER date a single mom.
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on May. 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Most single dads I've known only have their kids one day a week so it was easier for them to go out and meet someone

eta the one single dad I knew that had full custody of his son had women falling at his feet just BC of that, they all thought he was so awesome and such a good guy to raise his son when his ex lost custody -__-
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)