Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A woman I know doesn't speak to her parents because of this...WDYT?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 365 Replies
When she was in junior high, her half brother with Down syndrome was in high school. He had the mental and emotional maturity/capacity of a 3-5 year old but with the hormones of a teen. As a result, he would always grab at her chest and butt. Her parents always corrected and punished him, but it was an ongoing problem. One morning he did it in the car on the way to school and she was crying when she got there. A teacher asked what was wrong and she told her. The teacher called CPS for sexual abuse that the parents were allowing to happen.

CPS said the kids had to live apart after an investigation. They chose to send her away to live with her grandparents 2 hours away. They made time to see her every two weeks but she saw it as a punishment when she didn't do anything wrong.

She's 25 now, she won't see her parents anywhere but family events she absolutely has to, refuses contact with or to be power of attorney for the brother when her parents die and has refused to financially help them, to the point that they were homeless and she had room for them but refused to let them live with her.

WDYT?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2014 at 5:45 PM
51 moms liked this
I don't blame her.
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2014 at 5:46 PM
12 moms liked this

She was sexually violated.  I have such compassion for kids/adults with Downs, but she was violated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 18, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Don't blame her either.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Hmmm. Tough situation.
Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Honestly I don't blame her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 18, 2014 at 5:46 PM
I don't blame her...she did nothing wrong yet was sent away because of her brothers issues that's not right
Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2014 at 5:46 PM
9 moms liked this
What do I think, about what? The woman cut her parents out for choosing her brother when she did nothing wrong? I think it's her business and I can't exactly blame her. I don't know how I would react in the situation, so I cannot judge her for how she feels.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 18, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Yeah, I'll do the same
BCauseImAwesome
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2014 at 5:47 PM
4 moms liked this

Dont blame her one bit. He should have been sent to a home or something.

petitekatie
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2014 at 5:47 PM
6 moms liked this
I can completely see her point. Her brother was sexually abusing her, and her parents should have separated them already. What if he had raped her? She obviously felt violated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)