Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feeling like the absolute worst mommy in the world right now!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
Please help me feel better about what I had to do tonight.

DD, who is 4, has really begun to assert herself, but not in most pleasant ways. She is rude when she gets angry, does not like to listen, and throw horrific temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way or has to do things she doesn't want to. I have tried multiple different punishments that have, obviously failed. Tonight I reached my limit. It was all over having to take a shower instead of a bath. It was past bedtime. She screamed bloody murder through her whole shower, kept trying to yank the spray out of my hand, and even hit me once. When I got her out of the shower she refused to let me dry her off, still screaming, took the underwear off that I put on her, and would not put on pajamas. Got tired of it, put her in her bed, said good night, and turned the light off. She got out of her bed, turned the light back on, and continued to scream. After a bit of this I had enough. I cleaned out all of the toys and stuffed animals, except her comfort item, and made her go to bed without a story or snuggles. I have always stayed with her until she falls asleep, until tonight. I feel like shit for all of this, but I am at a loss. Please tell me I am not a horrible mom for taking every thing, and making her go to bed alone.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 18, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on May. 18, 2014 at 11:11 PM
14 moms liked this

Fuck THAT. I would have taken out the light bulb and left her with nothing but a blanket and pillow.. lol

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2014 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this
Hell no! You definitely did the right thing.
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2014 at 11:13 PM
No you are not a bad mom. You HAD to do it. She needed a consequence and you gave her one. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and she will listen to you. Don't beat yourself up over this. She will be ok. Hugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2014 at 11:16 PM
I couldn't go that far. If she were a teenager that would have been different.

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Fuck THAT. I would have taken out the light bulb and left her with nothing but a blanket and pillow.. lol

RobJar
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Ohh no!! I would have taken every item, comfort items or not! The only thing left would be the mattress on the floor a pillow and blanket!

Btw-was her dad around, the reason I ask is bc my boys tend to act up when DH isn't home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.

Quoting RaynesMommy07: Hell no! You definitely did the right thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 18, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm trying. Thank you.

Quoting blue-heart: No you are not a bad mom. You HAD to do it. She needed a consequence and you gave her one. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and she will listen to you. Don't beat yourself up over this. She will be ok. Hugs.
TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on May. 18, 2014 at 11:18 PM

I tried to pull that shit with my mom when I was her age and quickly got put in my place.. Don't be a push over when she's young or she'll always treat you badly and take advantage of the fact you can't be harsh..

Quoting Anonymous: I couldn't go that far. If she were a teenager that would have been different.
Quoting TheDrsRose:

seksen
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2014 at 11:18 PM
This

Quoting blue-heart: No you are not a bad mom. You HAD to do it. She needed a consequence and you gave her one. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and she will listen to you. Don't beat yourself up over this. She will be ok. Hugs.
ShoeStrings
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2014 at 11:19 PM

No, you're not horrible, you did the right thing. Don't give in and she will see you are serious and this sort of thing will not happen as much in the future. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)