Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you change your mind?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies

My husband and I have one child. A daughter who we adore. We struggled with infertility for a long time before we conceived her and pregnancy was hard on me. The day she was born, after she was asleep and I was lying in bed all snuggled with the new baby and DH, I looked at him and said "I am NEVER doing that again!".

DD is 3 now and I haven't wavered at all. I have the implanon in and truly the idea of having another baby kind of freaks me out. We're just starting to see the 'light at the end of the tunnel' of the baby years and we have a great family rhythm right now which I love.

DH and I were talking yesterday and he said that if I wanted he would ask the doctor about a vasectomy at his next appointment. He's 100% on board with only one child and I'm super keen to get this implanon taken out as well. It feels like the right time.

Anyway, sorry this is long. My question is this: Did you change your mind about how many children you wanted in your family? Were you happy with one (or two, or three) and think you didn't want anymore and then have something change your mind?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadowcat76
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:23 AM
I wanted 3. Dh wanted like 8, so we have 4..and I'm done. .lol
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:25 AM
I wanted two before I had Emily. I keep asking myself why anyone would do that twice! Lmao!
My dd is three as well. And I get what you mean by her getting older. It's nice to be able to take her everywhere and have fun. And conversations. And no diapers! I know I don't want another. But Emily and her dad sure do! Lol. Not happening.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2014 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
We only wanted two- a boy and girl. We have b/g twins. We are good. We don't want anymore.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 19, 2014 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I had one planning to probably only have one. Now I want 4. We are a lesbian couple and were using sperm banks and it adds up quickly. We had a friend donate and got pregnant the first try and he's on board to donate for more kids so we will definitely have more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 12:30 AM

LOL! Yes, I constantly ask myself the same question! I go to the park and see parents struggling with more kids than they have hands to hold them and I think they must be unstable hahahaha. I think I'm fundamentally just too selfish to want to have more! One and done!

Good luck with convincing the rest of your family - and thanks for answering! I liked your reply a lot.

Quoting EmilysMom2010: I wanted two before I had Emily. I keep asking myself why anyone would do that twice! Lmao! My dd is three as well. And I get what you mean by her getting older. It's nice to be able to take her everywhere and have fun. And conversations. And no diapers! I know I don't want another. But Emily and her dad sure do! Lol. Not happening.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 12:31 AM

4! Wow! That's so great that you have a friend who can help you out.

Quoting wkukid: I had one planning to probably only have one. Now I want 4. We are a lesbian couple and were using sperm banks and it adds up quickly. We had a friend donate and got pregnant the first try and he's on board to donate for more kids so we will definitely have more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Thanks for answering. Do you think you'll make a permanent commitment to the 'no more', or are you keeping your options open?

Quoting Anonymous: We only wanted two- a boy and girl. We have b/g twins. We are good. We don't want anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 12:32 AM

4!!! My goodness! I don't think my body (or sanity!) would survive 4!! You're amazing!

Quoting shadowcat76: I wanted 3. Dh wanted like 8, so we have 4..and I'm done. .lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 19, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Wanted 5. Stopped at 2. Still want 5. Not having any more though
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:33 AM
All I knew is that I didn't want just one child. I have 2 bio children. Dh has 3. I would have them until I couldn't have children anymore. When I got pregnant w our youngest I thought I would be ok with just having my 2 girls but the older dd gets I realize I want more. I'm just leaving it up to dh. I'd like to stop having children as close to 30 as possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)