Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Best resources for finding people? UPDATE!! Found them!!!!

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 12:21 AM
  • 28 Replies
My dad is searching for 2 grandchildren by his oldest son,given the circumstances at the time all parties agreed it was in the best interest of the children to move on and "away" from past family drama. (Long story but I do understand) They were born about the same year as me, either 86 or 87 and they were twins. All I know is they were fraternal boy/girl lived in TX and their names were Justin and Jamie. So far no luck finding any info for my dad:( Any tips/advice on where I should look? My P.I. skills are lacking to say the least lol

Update: After 2 days and hours of research, I found them. Mom did remarry the year after she divorced my brother and the stepdad adopted them. I just found them on FB too, showed my dad and he started crying. After 20+ years he finally sees pictures of his grandchildren. They are both absolutely beautiful!!! Man Im so excited Im bout to cry myself.
by on May. 19, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Facebook?

That's how I found my biological dad.

Now my biological mom, I have her social security number and can't find her.
Rebirth0112
by NikStar on May. 19, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Ive scoured FB with no luck:/

Quoting myperfect4inok: Facebook?

Rebirth0112
by NikStar on May. 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe its still wise to stay away?    Sometimes people don't want to be found.  I can't help you, but here's a bump. Maybe someone else can.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Were they adopted?

Quoting Rebirth0112: Ive scoured FB with no luck:/

adopteeme
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM
Texas birth index is available on ancestry . com I believe.
It's been several years since I've used it- and I can't remember how they are indexed- under fathers surname, or dob? Sorry.

Are you able to narrow down a possible DOB on the twins any better?
A good adoption search angel could help you. They have access to databases like intelius, spokeo, ameridex. With a good db, you should be able to search with first name and year of birth and location. Ex- I only knew my Mothers first name, her year of birth, and I assumed she was still in my birth state. The database pulled 141 possibles. With other clues I narrowed it down to like 13. And wrote to each of them.
adopteeme
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Have you considered SS letter forwarding?
Wow. They are ending the program soon.
http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/04/17/return-to-sender-social-security-to-halt-letter-forwarding/

http://www.ssa.gov/foia/html/ltrfwding.htm
gabbysmommy28
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 4:33 AM
Did u find her?

Quoting adopteeme: Texas birth index is available on ancestry . com I believe.
It's been several years since I've used it- and I can't remember how they are indexed- under fathers surname, or dob? Sorry.

Are you able to narrow down a possible DOB on the twins any better?
A good adoption search angel could help you. They have access to databases like intelius, spokeo, ameridex. With a good db, you should be able to search with first name and year of birth and location. Ex- I only knew my Mothers first name, her year of birth, and I assumed she was still in my birth state. The database pulled 141 possibles. With other clues I narrowed it down to like 13. And wrote to each of them.
adopteeme
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe its still wise to stay away?    Sometimes people don't want to be found.  I can't help you, but here's a bump. Maybe someone else can.

And sometimes they Do want to be found.
In the case of secret adoption, I wish society and our state governments would stop thinking that (we) are a danger to our own family. If we were told from the horses mouth NO contact... I believe the majority of us would be respectful and lawful and walk away. We don't necessarily harass and stalk anymore than people that know where all their family members are located.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)