Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Go Or Stay..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I've been raising my newborn by myself the last week now since my fiance has been working. I am on maternity leave for another 2 weeks, yet I was given an opportunity to come to work today for a few hours. We need the money, plus I could use a little break. Anyway, things between my fiance and I have been so rocky lately. We fight and fight and we always get so bad that we tell each other we're done then one of us tries to fix it and we're ok for a few days then right back to fighting.

Saturday, my fiance didn't go to work, he ended up going to his friends house. He told me he was going to go to work then come home and watch the baby so I could get some sleep. I haven't had a full night sleep since she was born. However every night my fiance is in bed for the entire night and doesn't come out to help when I need him. Anyway, he stayed at him friends house until Sunday afternoon and came home and tried to stop the fighting. (I told him over text that if he wanted to talk like adults to come home, we're not doing it over text) so we we're fine. He watched the baby for 4 hours then came in the bedroom and started yelling. He gets so mean when he is tired and I could tell he was tired.. he started on me and said really mean things like how worthless I was.. I told him if he is trying to get a rise out of me, he wont. Then he ended up going in the room and falling asleep. Leaving me with the baby and having to go to work the next morning.. I am so tired of being treated this way. The fighting, the disgusting way he talks to me. I was just feeding the baby and trying to get her back to sleep and she was crying during, and he came out and said do I need help, and I told him no, that he needs to get sleep. And he told me that I should take the baby to her grandmothers today because he needs time to pack. I sent him. Text telling him he really needs to figure himself out And he replies that he can't be with me anymore.

Should I just agree and finish it, and not try to keep it going. At this point I am only doing this for the baby. My heart just isn't there anymore to fix the relationship sadly...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2014 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Let him go. It won't get any better.
seksen
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:06 AM
Let him go. If both of you aren't going to fight for it there is no sense. I understand how you feel. I was in the same situation almost 4 years ago and I have never been so thankful to be gone. DS was exactly 2 months old. Hugs mama
lulalacroix
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Having a new baby is tiresome and stressful.  I probably wouldn't make any serious decisions while you are sleep deprived.  He does still sound like an ass.  Do you have a mother, sister or good friend who could watch the sweet new baby for a few hours while you get some sleep?

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:08 AM

It sounds like he doesn't want the resonsibility of being a father and if you're fighting now like this imagine how it will be if you get married. It's probably best that you end this relationship now because it will only get worse.

curvygurl1912
by Renee on May. 19, 2014 at 5:11 AM
Let him go and say goodbye to bad rubbish
curvygurl1912
by Renee on May. 19, 2014 at 5:11 AM
Let him go and say goodbye to bad rubbish
booaura
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:11 AM
Let him go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 5:12 AM
I feel like I am giving up, but it takes two to make it work, and clearly he stopped fighting. As I am sitting here trying to get the baby asleep, he sent me a text (he couldn't come out to help get her to sleep when I have to get up in 2 hours to go to work and he doesn't work today) he told me a truck was coming at 9 to get his stuff. I just don't want to fight anymore and idk if there is a difference of not wanting to fight and not having the fight in me to make it work. My daughter is my top priority, I'm not wasting precious time anymore.. thank you for your advice. Good luck to you. You sound very happy.

Quoting seksen: Let him go. If both of you aren't going to fight for it there is no sense. I understand how you feel. I was in the same situation almost 4 years ago and I have never been so thankful to be gone. DS was exactly 2 months old. Hugs mama
Sacha102
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:14 AM

New babies are hard, it is such a big adjustment to your lifestyle. I think that maybe a bit of a break is good though and if you are meant to be together you will. Concentrate on you and your baby for now, that is what is important. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 5:15 AM
My grandmother has watched her once already while I got some sleep. She is great with her. I just don't want to wear out my welcome. I feel like I need to have someone watch my daughter today while I work because her father seems so unstable right now. I'm a nervous wreck to be away from her let alone now worry about her being with her dad while I'm gone. That's really sad to feel that way, but I do.

Quoting lulalacroix:

Having a new baby is tiresome and stressful.  I probably wouldn't make any serious decisions while you are sleep deprived.  He does still sound like an ass.  Do you have a mother, sister or good friend who could watch the sweet new baby for a few hours while you get some sleep?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)