Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im soooo tired :/

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 5:12 AM
  • 14 Replies
Im an RN.. I typically work 1st shift... but I agreed to work 3rd shift tonight.. I have 2 more hrs and can barely keep my eyes open. Im on my 4th mug of coffee. Ugh.

its such a slow night
by on May. 19, 2014 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:17 AM
Ugh, I hate those. I'm an RN as well, usually work days, but did agree to pick up a few night shifts here and there. And it was awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettea1985
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:20 AM
They asked me to cover since this is the shift I was on before switching to first... so I figured why not...

they asked me tonight if I wanted to switch back to 3rds... um no thank you

Quoting booaura: Ugh, I hate those. I'm an RN as well, usually work days, but did agree to pick up a few night shifts here and there. And it was awful.
Short_cake88
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:20 AM
I'm exhausted but can't sleep because df is on a business trip :-( Who did a work out at 4:30? This girl...
sweettea1985
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:21 AM
I wish I had that motivation. I just want to sleep

Quoting Short_cake88: I'm exhausted but can't sleep because df is on a business trip :-( Who did a work out at 4:30? This girl...
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:22 AM
My 14 month old decided 4 am was a good time to get up for the day. I am so tired.
booaura
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:23 AM
lol! I started out on days, and switched to nights very briefly when we had a medical emergency with another nurse. It was a very rough two weeks. I covered a few more nights after that, but it wouldn't be something I'd want to do full time.

Quoting sweettea1985: They asked me to cover since this is the shift I was on before switching to first... so I figured why not...

they asked me tonight if I wanted to switch back to 3rds... um no thank you

Quoting booaura: Ugh, I hate those. I'm an RN as well, usually work days, but did agree to pick up a few night shifts here and there. And it was awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RadnRem
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm covering a shift for a coworker that called in sick. In reality, she called out to go to a graduation party. Whatever lol.....we were all young once and did similar things.

But now, I'm sick for real. In and out of the bathroom. I only have 2 hrs left. I really want to call the ER and ask them to just call me in my dept if they have any orders. Then I could lay my head down. And possibly feel human.

Oh....and if you like them, try those hot tamale candies next time to stay awake. They work wonders for me lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 19, 2014 at 5:31 AM
I have chronic insomnia . I haven't been to sleep in 34 hrs except a one hour nap.
abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on May. 19, 2014 at 5:32 AM
I feel ya. I used to work graveyard till 6 or 7am, then babysat from 10-3 then worked at a bowling alley 5-9 when I went back to waitress overnight. It sucked.

Now I'm just up because third trimester insomnia and nerves because I'm scared of what this ultrasound will reveal:/

Remember to stay moving and keep your mind occupied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 5:37 AM
My little girl is squirming away and of course I had to pee so now I'm up.. I couldn't tell you the last time I slept through the night lol

Good luck I hope the rest of the time passes quickly
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)