Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Worst weekend ever, can't stop crying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Several months ago my brother stole and sold all of my mother's jewelry to support his drug habit. My parents confronted him and he agreed to go through a drug cessation program. Not rehab, but a prescription substitute. It was nowhere near enough of a consequence and he quickly weasels his way out of it.

After all of the tears and all if his bullshit lies, he was arrested on Friday for burglarizing a string of houses. All within miles of our childhood home.

This is devasting to our family. We have NEVER had anything like this happen before. We are a very normal middle class, college educated, boring family.

And it gets worse.

Shortly after his bail hearing my sister called me crying. She recently got a positive pregnancy test after months if fertility drugs. But her last hcg blood test was "cause for concern". My sister is meant to be a mom, she is an amazing person, but she only had enough money in savings left for one more month.

I am sitting here sobbing into my coffee. Please send good thoughts her way today. We really need some good news.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karlie2
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 6:23 AM
Hugs to you and your sister.
AngelSinger
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 6:23 AM
((Hugs))

You're in my prayers.
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 6:25 AM
Sounds like we both had a bad weekend. I found out my best friend has cancer. I am sorry you family is going through all of this.
rocamom
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 6:26 AM
Praying for you and your sister. I also pray your brother gets the help he really needs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 6:36 AM
I'm sorry about your friend. I hope she beats it.

Quoting KyliesMom5: Sounds like we both had a bad weekend. I found out my best friend has cancer. I am sorry you family is going through all of this.
pinkfairy0206
by on May. 19, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Your brother is a selfish drug addict and only rock bottom and tough love will kick him into gear. He has to do it because he wants to get better. Not because it is a consequence. I'm so sorry for your sister. I will never understand why some woman who are the shittest moms can pop babies out left and right, and the woman who would he the best mom can't. I hope it works out for her!! There's nothing you can do about your brother. HE has to do it for himself. Cut ties with him and be done.nas hard as it is. I've been down that road, it is the only way.
pinkfairy0206
by on May. 19, 2014 at 7:43 AM
What kind of cancer amd what stage?? My aunt has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. When I found out it was kind of a blur like i didn't hear it right.

Quoting KyliesMom5: Sounds like we both had a bad weekend. I found out my best friend has cancer. I am sorry you family is going through all of this.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on May. 19, 2014 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Well put!

Quoting pinkfairy0206: Your brother is a selfish drug addict and only rock bottom and tough love will kick him into gear. He has to do it because he wants to get better. Not because it is a consequence. I'm so sorry for your sister. I will never understand why some woman who are the shittest moms can pop babies out left and right, and the woman who would he the best mom can't. I hope it works out for her!! There's nothing you can do about your brother. HE has to do it for himself. Cut ties with him and be done.nas hard as it is. I've been down that road, it is the only way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:48 AM
She has uterine cancer. They are not sure what stage she is yet. She had surgery last week to find out. But she is not doing great. She has had to go to the ER twice because of fluid build up at the incision site. I am so worried. I am sorry about your aunt.

Quoting pinkfairy0206: What kind of cancer amd what stage?? My aunt has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. When I found out it was kind of a blur like i didn't hear it right.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sorry about your friend. I hope she beats it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)