Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What rules do you have for kids during sleepovers?

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM
  • 101 Replies

What rules do you have for kids during sleepovers? Do you make rules about using cell phones, contacting their parents, food, etc.?

Share your sleepover rules for a possible feature in The Stir.

by on May. 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staci1103
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:25 AM

If it's here: quiet after baby goes to bed, clean up any messes. That's pretty much it.

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:25 AM
4 moms liked this

No rules other then our normal house rules. They can stay up as long as they want, eat what they want...and I would never have rules about them contacting their own family. 

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

No rules, they can contact their parents anytime they want, they can eat anytime they feel the need, they can have their cell phones that is their property and their right to have it. 

TisHerself
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:30 AM

I enforce reasonable bedtimes. The actual time varies by age, and is always later than normal, but I do not let the kids determine the time for lights out. 

luvmybug
by Amanda on May. 19, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
The only rule is to be respectful. If they cant do that, be sure that I will take them straight home.
my2kids0506
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
No rules, they can stay up as late as they want , eat what they want. I just want them to have a great time.
jujubear1
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Pretty much this exactly. They have to stay inside after dh and I go to bed, but that's the norm for dd anyway.

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

No rules other then our normal house rules. They can stay up as long as they want, eat what they want...and I would never have rules about them contacting their own family. 

elrikandisis
by on May. 19, 2014 at 10:38 AM
3 moms liked this

no boys, dont leave the house, clean up your mess and stay out of the master bedroom. also wifi gets turned off at 10pm.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Lights out means lights out

no screeching

no stomping

BAMFSFW
by on May. 19, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I only allow best friends to sleepover. I've known these kids for yrs. & they know I expect good behavior, so for sleepovers there isn't anything specific.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN