Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

facial tats on teens? crazy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Okay so no big deal if you allow your teen to get a tattoo. But this boy my daughter's friend is dating looks ridiculous. When they come over to hang around in my living room, the looks of him makes me shudder.

would you allow your teen to get a facial tattoo?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM
I would allow tattoos that could be hidden. Face is out of the question
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM
No, not always. Depends on if its colored in. It can either mean you killed someone, OR that they lost someone close to them.
I hate when people make assumptions with no education or research behind their 'theories'.

Quoting Anonymous:

that is a gang tatto if its a tear drop

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Quoting sfigu16: How old is he?!
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Yuck not only are they ugly but they are inappropriate imho especially when you're trying to get a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Lol I was corrected by someone. its not tears its a semi colon JK

Quoting Anonymous: No, not always. Depends on if its colored in. It can either mean you killed someone, OR that they lost someone close to them.
I hate when people make assumptions with no education or research behind their 'theories'.

Quoting Anonymous:

that is a gang tatto if its a tear drop

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 19, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Those tattoos are grotesque. Does your daughter's friend's mom approve of him? Is he a good kid otherwise?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 19, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I have a rule, do what you want to your body but it needs to be able to be covered. My husband thinks even allowing that is pushing it as he HATES tats but seriously just because we made them doesn't mean we control them. They are also only allowed to do it after they hit 18.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Hes an okay kid. No trouble, just looks it. Sad to say looks do count in this world.
Her mom is thinking they will break up faster if she just lets to go

Quoting Anonymous: Those tattoos are grotesque. Does your daughter's friend's mom approve of him? Is he a good kid otherwise?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 19, 2014 at 11:20 AM
They look like prison tats. Are you sure he hasn't been in prison? Or killed people for those teardrops?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Quoting nerdymom28:

Are the tears at the corner of his eye? I have heard that that can mean he has killed a person. A tear for each murder. There might not be truth to that in his case, maybe he's just a poser. Either way he's not the kind of person I'd want my child around.

Quoting Anonymous: what's this boy has is in no way a tasteful tattoo. he has a cross on one side of his eye and on the other side he has tears, a star and something else that I'm not sure of. He looks like he's been in jail
Quoting OwlNuggets:

Nopppeeee. I would, however, allow a small and tasteful tattoo on a discreet part of her body if I approved of the design and artist. My mum let me get classic nautical stars at 15 and it's a decade later and I still love them and what they represent for me,. :)

StarLight23
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I actually don't know. I have heard that too.. about the teardrops.

Quoting Anonymous: They look like prison tats. Are you sure he hasn't been in prison? Or killed people for those teardrops?
Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Quoting nerdymom28:

Are the tears at the corner of his eye? I have heard that that can mean he has killed a person. A tear for each murder. There might not be truth to that in his case, maybe he's just a poser. Either way he's not the kind of person I'd want my child around.

Quoting Anonymous: what's this boy has is in no way a tasteful tattoo. he has a cross on one side of his eye and on the other side he has tears, a star and something else that I'm not sure of. He looks like he's been in jail
Quoting OwlNuggets:

Nopppeeee. I would, however, allow a small and tasteful tattoo on a discreet part of her body if I approved of the design and artist. My mum let me get classic nautical stars at 15 and it's a decade later and I still love them and what they represent for me,. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN