Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Honest opinions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

Our son is 5 months old and wont go by anyone but me and dh. in just 2 months we have a 4 day rock concert to go to in which his parents would be watching him. But if he isnt comfortable enough over there, I wont be going to the concert and staying home. We go to the concert with his brother, sisters, and there boyfriends every year as a combined birthday present to eachother. Would it be selfish if i wanted dh to stay home and not go to the concert if i have to stay home or should he get to go without me?Also the tickets are already paid for and are non refundable.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
April620
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM
I can't imagine leaving my 5mo old for a freaking 4 day rock concert but to each their own.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Nah...what you need to do is let him go with the agreement that when he gets back you get to go out and do something fun (albeit probably not AS fun)...as spouses, we sometimes make sacrifices for the happiness of the other as an investment towards our love and sanity in the long-term.

there's always next year... take this time to get your son used to being with people aside from yourselves.

BAMFSFW
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Just go & have fun. He will become comfortable w/ them now after staying there, which will make everyone happy! 

ptkds
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Your baby will be fine with his grandparents. He might cry at first but within an hour he will be just fine. Go and have fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Ridiculous. Let your dh's parents watch the baby and go to the concert. Your baby will be fine. Its you who is having the issue. If you choose to stay home then so be it but don't expect dh to.
ShoeStrings
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:59 AM

You have 2 months to get him used to being at his grandparents house or you should let DH go by himself. Your reason for wanting to stay home isn't legit in my opinion. It's your baby's grandparents, not random strangers. He will be fine. If you plan to be hover mom then don't bring dh down with you.

Unless there is some reason you don't want him at grandparents. Abusive? Druggies or drunks? 

zeenah
by Zarah on May. 19, 2014 at 10:59 AM
You have two months to get ds ready just talk him over there and leave him for a few hours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 11:00 AM
when we go over there he will start screaming if they even look at him and when they hold him he cries so much he starts twitching his head :(

Quoting ptkds: Your baby will be fine with his grandparents. He might cry at first but within an hour he will be just fine. Go and have fun.
CGM2012
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I think it would be selfish to make him stay home because you are. Can you split the time? You go for 2 days, then he go for 2 days?

228mommy922
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:02 AM
I never left my baby over night until she was a year. I just couldnt do it. But I never stopped my dh from doing things. He didnt go out often and he would have done the same for me. I just couldn't do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)