Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My boob is leaking?? *tmi maybe*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

At night before my shower, I do a quick self breast check.  The couple of times in the past 2 weeks, when I check my left breast there was a small amount of yellowish, then clear, liquid that came out. Around one or 2 drops.

I'm not pregnant, it's possible that I am pregnant.  Even when I was pregnant my breasts never produced milk before, so I'm actually not even sure what it looks like?

Is this pus?  Milk?  

I did go to the doctor to check it out, but (of course) my breast was just normal and didn't produce any liquid at the doctors.  And she couldn't feel anything unusual in her breast exam.

Has anyone ever had this?  What does breast milk look like?  Wth?

***I mentioned it above, but to clarify, I've never breastfed, I've never produced milk.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fatcat0908
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Have you ever breastfed before? I did and I can still produce a bit of yellowish milk like that, especially if I am close to my period or ovulating. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM

As I said in my post, no I haven't.

Quoting fatcat0908:

Have you ever breastfed before? I did and I can still produce a bit of yellowish milk like that, especially if I am close to my period or ovulating. 

freckledmermaid
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Your body produces even if you haven't breastfed. I can squeeze out yellowish clear liquid years after having a baby and without being pregnant. It looks like colostrum.

fatcat0908
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Actually you made no mention of whether or not you have breastfed in the past. Anyhow, I have no idea than.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fatcat0908:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I guess you missed it.  Sorry if that came across bitchy, it wasn't meant to.

At night before my shower, I do a quick self breast check.  The couple of times in the past 2 weeks, when I check my left breast there was a small amount of yellowish, then clear, liquid that came out. Around one or 2 drops.

I'm not pregnant, it's possible that I am pregnant.  Even when I was pregnant my breasts never produced milk before, so I'm actually not even sure what it looks like?

Is this pus?  Milk?  

I did go to the doctor to check it out, but (of course) my breast was just normal and didn't produce any liquid at the doctors.  And she couldn't feel anything unusual in her breast exam.

Has anyone ever had this?  What does breast milk look like?  Wth?

Quoting fatcat0908:

Actually you made no mention of whether or not you have breastfed in the past. Anyhow, I have no idea than.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fatcat0908:

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM

My have never stopped leaking since my first. It comes and goes.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM

So, you're saying that your body has never produced breast milk-even after you gave birth?  And now you're having liquid come out?  If so, go back to the doctor.  I doubt it's anything bad, but if your body was unable to make milk I don't know why it would have liquid coming from the milk glands now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM

That would make sense I guess, but I had my son 10 yrs ago and have never produced any milk before.  Even when I had him.

Quoting Raeann11:

My have never stopped leaking since my first. It comes and goes.

mommaofALT
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Sounds like you are lactating. You are either pregnant or can have a small tumor on your pituitary gland (happened to my friend) or your hormones can be out of wack. Def. go to the doctor and get it checked out. 

JackAttacks
by Angel on May. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM

even tho youve never actually breast fed your breasts still produced colostrum and then mature milk. its quite common for woman to still have their milk even for years after breastfeeding is stopped (or in your case, never started). pregnancy could also be a cause, like you said. i assume you arent experiencing any pain or heat in the breast, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)