Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should a transgender boy be allowed to participate in girls team sports?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies

This is something that is going on in my town.

A 15 yr old boy-to-girl transgender wants to play on the girls softball and lacrosse teams.

Most people feel that because biologically he is still a boy, it gives him an unfair advantage while playing against girls

Posted by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 19, 2014 at 11:03 AM
4 moms liked this

I agree that physically (s)he would have an advantage over biologically female players. However, that doesn't necessarily mean they should be excluded. I wish co-ed sporting was more common and accepted.

momof2girls220
by on May. 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
The child identifies as female,So they're female. She should be allowed to play.
SpaceBallz
by on May. 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

He still has the strength of a boy and so has an unfair advantage so I say no he should not be allowed to play on a girls team, let him play on the boys team!

Opal614
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM
No. Boys have higher bone density and muscle mass. It wouldn't be fair to the actual girls. Not to mention the locker room issues.

smalltownteddy
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM
I don't see how dangly bits give her an inherent advantage. Everyone's body is different. Do they not allow people with disabilities to play? What about kids who are fitter than others?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Where do you live that they don't allow boys on softball teams? 

I think it should be looked into on a civil rights matter. Not a transgender one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

If it is a competative league  - probably not.

If it is recreational - sure. 

you could ask the girls on the league.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM
I don't know. I've met some scrawny ass teenage boys before. Lol

Quoting SpaceBallz:

He still has the strength of a boy and so has an unfair advantage so I say no he should not be allowed to play on a girls team, let him play on the boys team!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM
No. Dicks should stay with dicks a s pussies with pussies. When you get to the real world past high school it's every person for themselves.
strongforthem
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:08 AM
4 moms liked this
She still has the body of a boy. So muscle mass, bone density, build, all of that. It really had nothing to do with having a penis or not, it's about having an unfair biological advantage over the other girls who have the
mind AND body of a girl.

Quoting smalltownteddy: I don't see how dangly bits give her an inherent advantage. Everyone's body is different. Do they not allow people with disabilities to play? What about kids who are fitter than others?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)