Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She's mad because he told her she has to go back to work.*ETA**Update**Long Final Update*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
SIL just called all upset because my brother, her husband, told her that she has until the end of the summer to make sure her teaching stuff is up to date and find a job. He told her he cannot keep working 80-90 hours a week any longer. Especially when all she does is complain that he's never home. He said he's tired, and cannot do it any more. He said she needs to start helping with the family expenses. She thinks he's being unreasonable and that she should not ever have to go back to work. She said he can't force him so he's just going to have to get over it and deal with the fact that she refuses to work. All I could say is sorry. I won't get involved in their relationship. I have to say from me to cm that I am pissed at her. She's not be8ng fair to my brother. He is killing himself for her to stay home and he finally said enough, but she just doesn't seem to care. Smh.

*ETA*

I can only answer certain questions as I have only heard from SIL at this point. My brother is working. It will also be his choice if he tells me. I do not get involved in their relationship. I refuse to be more than an ear to unload to.

1. They have 1 child who is 3.

2. From what I know, my brother never promised she could stay home, he onpy said he would try to make it work.

3. He works in a factory.

That is all I know. I don't know about their expenses or agreements.

*Update*

My brother showed up at my house last night around 11:00 looking horrible. I haven't seen him in over a month. He dropped on to my couch and looked defeated. He started telling me he can't live like this any more. He said he can't keep killing himself for a woman who doesn't appreciate him. His child barely knows him. He told me he cancelled all of the credit cards, just off the cable, and is looking for a smaller house. He doesn't want to divorce his wife, but she is refusing to helo so he has to make choices to cut back so he can cut his hours. All I could say is that I understood and he had to do what he had to do. I guess she told him she refuses to work. Needless to say he passed out on my couch after telling her he was here.

*Final update*

Ok now I am pissed!!

My brother had scheduled to leave work early and take a 4 day weekend to spend time with his family. He got home from work yesterday to find her and their child gone, as well as a note she left him.

She dropped off their child with her sister and took off. She cleaned out their bank account, took all of her stuff, and left. In her letter she told him she is leaving them to go be with the man of her dreams, who can and will let afford for her to never have to work again. Apparently she's been seeing this guy for months now. She said she'll gladly sign any thing she needs to so she can leave him, their child, and, in her words, the bullshit life they had together.

He picked up their child from her sister, only to find out that his wife has been dropping their child off there for months to go meet with the boyfriend. Her sister told him that she and her mom would gladly continue the child's enrollment in their daycare center, add me as a pick up person, and even take their child home with them so he can continue to work. He didn't know that because of the boyfriend her mom and sister only talk to her because of the child.

He finally told me every thing that's been going on. Right after Christmas he started talking to ger about possibly going back to work. He sat down with her to go over all of the bills, as well as his income alone. He explained to her how much it was killing him to work the way he has been and asked her to help. At the time she said she would work on renewing her certifications and look for a teaching job of some kind. He said they talked about it a bunch of times since then. She always had some reason to not do what she needed to do. He finally had to tell her that if she wasn't willing to start working again that there were bills they had to eliminate. If she was going to insist on staying home that they needed to go over the bills and find ways to cut back so he could cut back hours a bit. She told him that she liked things as they were and they were not cutting any thing. He got angry and said "fine then you are going to have to go back to work like we agreed". When she refused he made the decision to cut the cards and cable. He said he's glad he did it two days ago since she cleaned out the bank account, but she wasn't able to run up the credit cards.

My brother, dh, and I agreed he and his child will move into our downstairs apartment to save money, I can pick up his child from daycare which is going to be at a very discounted rate. He's selling the house, cut all of the utilities, and cable already. Since she took all of their money, DH and I paid his mortagage payment for next month, bought groceries for the downstairs apartment, made his insurance and cell payment for next month, will be helping him pack up the house. Since he's off today he has an appointment with a lawyer to file for divorce and emergency custody. He is also seeing a realitor about selling his house.

So there is your update. I don't think it's hit him yet, but their child is already asking for mommy.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 20, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
homeschoolmom9
by on May. 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM
How do you get that I can't take care of myself and kids? I take of myself, children, and husband every day :-).

Quoting Anonymous: I hope nothing ever happens in your future to leave you with no one to care for you and your kids. It's a damn shame that you don't know how to care for yourself and kids!

Quoting homeschoolmom9: Wives and mothers should NEVER have to work.... I will never work. I am 25 years old and have NEVER even filled out an application in my entire life nor will I
okpondlady
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2014 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck with that.  She will be a single mother soon and still have to go back to work.  Dumbass.

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

mary716
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2014 at 7:22 PM
4 moms liked this
Having a parent stay home has to be a mutual decision between both husband and wife. I stay home because my husband wants me to stay home and I dont mind it at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 20, 2014 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. Just, wow.

It'd be nice if we didn't have to work. Right now, neither DH nor I have a job. I have more education than he does, so I might be able to get a better paying job than him. If I do, then he's in charge of our kids educations and the home stuff until he gets a better paying job than mine.

Quoting homeschoolmom9: Wives and mothers should NEVER have to work.... I will never work. I am 25 years old and have NEVER even filled out an application in my entire life nor will I

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 20, 2014 at 7:23 PM
14 moms liked this
If my daughter ever turns out like you, I'd consider myself a failure as a mother. You expect to be taken care of from birth to death? Wtf good are you? I'm serious.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2014 at 7:23 PM
How old are the kids? I highly doubt she will just be able to find a teaching job if she has been out for any amount of time.
homeschoolmom9
by on May. 20, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Oh yes so worthless for doing the most important thing in the world... mothering, taking.care of the home, taking care of the husband.... I feel so very sorry for you women who have to insist on being exactly equal to men.. Women and men are NOT equal. There are things they are better at and things we are better at.

Quoting Anonymous: Ffs this antiquated mentality makes me want to vomit. If you're not a productive member of society, you're worthless.

lovemywhiteshoe
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 7:24 PM
6 moms liked this
Yeah and you would be one of the ones that's shit out of luck crying if your husband leaves you and you don't have any life skills. Child support and alimony only goes so far. My brother's ex wife thought that too but I guess she didn't realize that the kids do grow up and child support does stop and now she is scrambling because she is broke with no job.

Quoting SSweetcupcake: Bahahaha !!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 20, 2014 at 7:24 PM
3 moms liked this
You are the one who said you haven't even filled out a job application in your life!
What would you do if your husband is gone tomorrow?

Quoting homeschoolmom9: How do you get that I can't take care of myself and kids? I take of myself, children, and husband every day :-).

Quoting Anonymous: I hope nothing ever happens in your future to leave you with no one to care for you and your kids. It's a damn shame that you don't know how to care for yourself and kids!

DeeMD82
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2014 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this

He should cut his hours down when the time comes and then maybe it will hit her that if she wants to continue living with the same cash flow she will have to get a job.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)