Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom of drunken baby says water bottle filled with vodka to blame

Posted by on May. 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM
  • 77 Replies

WPXI-TV - Pittsburgh

ERIE, Pa. —

The mother of a baby who was brought to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh last week with a blood-alcohol content level of nearly four times the legal limit is speaking out.

Jessica Bachmaier, of Erie, said her child is doing well and is in foster care.

>>Video: Mother says baby was like a "limp noodle" after ingesting alcohol (-->WPXI)

Erie police say the baby's blood-alcohol content was 0.289 percent when she was brought to Saint Vincent Hospital last Wednesday. In Pennsylvania, adult drivers are considered legally drunk at 0.08 percent, meaning the baby's blood-alcohol level was more than three-and-a-half times as great.

Bachmaier said fixed her daughter a bottle using bottled water -- and she thinks the man who was babysitting her child filled the bottle of water with vodka.

“Her motor skills weren’t all there. Like, she wasn’t cooperating. She was like a limp noodle,” Bachmaier said. “I just want her to be OK. I’m scared for her. I’m worried about her. I won’t sleep. I won’t eat.”

So far, no charges have been filed but an investigation is ongoing. 

by on May. 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM
9 moms liked this
So either she's lying or she doesn't know how to make formula. Because she would have smelled the alcohol if she had boiled the vodka first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadowcat76
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM
How awful!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 22, 2014 at 1:36 PM
O. M. G. If that guy really did that, I'd kick an ass. This is awful!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
How can you not smell the vodka? Negligence at the very least. And why would her loser boyfriend put vodka in a water bottle?
Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I didn't boil bottled water, I hope for that baby's sake she is telling the truth, she also needs to rethink who watches her child

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 22, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Before I had kids I had a group of friends I would party with and one of them had a toddler age son. One night we were at her house and passed out after a long night of drinking grey goose and Gatorade. Her son had been dropped off sometime that morning and we woke up to him drinking Gatorade out of one of the spiked bottles. I felt horrible for not thinking about the ramifications of leaving half empty drinks laying around. Now that I'm a parent I would never be so irresponsible.

Anyway that was a bit off topic. Sorry.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on May. 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It was pretty much right on topic, lol.

Quoting Anonymous: Before I had kids I had a group of friends I would party with and one of them had a toddler age son. One night we were at her house and passed out after a long night of drinking grey goose and Gatorade. Her son had been dropped off sometime that morning and we woke up to him drinking Gatorade out of one of the spiked bottles. I felt horrible for not thinking about the ramifications of leaving half empty drinks laying around. Now that I'm a parent I would never be so irresponsible. Anyway that was a bit off topic. Sorry.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on May. 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I NEVER boiled the water to make formula.  I used store bought distilled water.

furbabymum
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't believe her. I like vodka but vodka smells like.....vodka.

veronicamw
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Thats so sad. I like near Erie Pa and didnt hear anything about that. :( Poor baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)