Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did you get rid of the baby monitor?

Posted by on May. 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM
  • 154 Replies

When did you get rid of the baby monitor? Was it when your baby could sleep through the night? Or at a certain age?

Your reply may be used in an upcoming feature in The Stir.

by on May. 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM

we never used one unless we were outside when DS was sleeping

PeachQuean
by on May. 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Never used one with any of my 3 children.
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM

DD will be one in two weeks, and we still use it. She's still not sleeping through the night. We'll preobably keep it until she is. 

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on May. 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I think we got rid of it once she was around 2 or 3 and could get up and come wake us up if there was a problem.  

CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
About 2 weeks after mum gave it to us. I kept hearing the cry of a baby that sounded about 6 months old when DD was a newborn and I didn't know of any babies within reach of the wavelength of that age bracket. It would happen when she was sound asleep *shudder*
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I still use one with my 18 month old. His bedroom is 3 floors below mine, so I keep using it just in case. Our old house was so small, they were unnecessary and I never really used them with the other kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

honestly, my girls are 5 and almost-7 and I still have their speaker on.  I need to hear them if they wake up at night if I'm outside having a smoke.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
That happened to me too! It really creeped me out when I could hear a mama singing to the baby.

Quoting CrossStitchMum: About 2 weeks after mum gave it to us. I kept hearing the cry of a baby that sounded about 6 months old when DD was a newborn and I didn't know of any babies within reach of the wavelength of that age bracket. It would happen when she was sound asleep *shudder*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Never used one with any of my kids. I never felt comfortable having them is different room than me when they were babies, even with monitor. They slept in their own bed right next to my bed for a good 2-3 years before they moved to their own room.
LaLaMonkey
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
We still use it and DD is 4 BUT the last year it is only used when she is sick because she will randomly vomit and I'd rather hear her start and run in there to catch than have her do it all over.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN