Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Share Your Hilarious Summer Vacation Stories!

Posted by on May. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM
  • 25 Replies

Seeking Embarrassing, Crazy, and/or Hilarious Summer Vacation Stories! Please share your stories with us here. 

Your answers could be included in an upcoming post on The Stir.

by on May. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by on May. 23, 2014 at 1:50 PM

We were on a road trip when my younger son was 20 months.  I looked back at him & saw brown stuff on his hands & face & wondered how he'd gotten into any chocolate.  Then I realized it wasn't chocolate...

(So we pulled into the next gas station & I got him & his carseat cleaned up.  Luckily none was near his mouth.)

Jblb
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2014 at 2:04 PM
5 moms liked this
Nothing all that funny since becoming a mom.

As a child we vacationed a lot, all over North America. Probably the funniest vacation, was when we were driving from Canada to Colorado. We had SO many van problems, that on our way back home, our van completely died in Kansas. Well, I have always had an irrational fear of The Wizard of Oz and lost my mind. Convinced I was going to be taken away by a tornado and left with the wicked witch. My parents had to purchase a new vehicle. When we got to the border, my dad was so tired from the drive that he FORGOT the kids names.. (5 of us) 15+ hours later, my dad was released, they accused him of kidnapping and stealing a vehicle! While at the time, it wasn't very funny, it's still my most favourite story to tell!

shadowcat76
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
We went camping in Florida a few years ago. My husband was going to get dinner going so I took the kids to the pool. We were gone for maybe an hour. When we came back, my husband was on top of the picnic table, with all the UNCOOKED food, drinking a beer and he was completely surrounded by raccoons! I had to scare them off with the car..lol
Malibudreamin
by on May. 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I dont usually have weird vacations where anything happens but, when we went to my DH family reunion in another state they are so stuck up Mormon I asked his mom to watch the kids so we could go have a cocktail. I was boasting about it in front of all of them that we were going to this bar. LOL. We NEVER EVER drink or go to a bar, they are just so stuck  up I had to jab at them. ( I didnt even finish my drink. )

armywifey1983
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2014 at 2:41 PM

My dad has close ties to the Lake Tahoe area, and we often went swimming there with my grandparents, aunt and uncle (and cousins as they were born). As we got older and began moving away, the vacations were less frequent and even stopped for a couple of years.

The year after I married, my aunt rented a very nice cabin on the lake and invited everyone to spend time with them. DH and I were living close enough that we were able to drive down and turned into a long weekend. We went kayaking, swimming and fishing, and several of us went on a hiking trip. Even my dad and sister flew out for their annual backpacking trip, and spent the weekend.

The morning after one of our 'epic' parties, we heard a scream from the front patio. It was our aunt, who had remembered she left a cooler out overnight and had gone to retreive it. We ran outside to see what happend. It looked like a Smurf village mass murder scene; there was liquid blue ice everywhere, and blue pawprints told us who did it. Thankfully, the coolers were empty of food, so the bears hadn't stayed for long. My aunt earned the nickname Ranger Smith that year. :)

MommyKarma
by on May. 23, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Bump!

Rlmama00
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2014 at 10:34 PM

We had what could have been the trip from Hell. Most summers we go to Miami for a week. One of those trips was full of drama. It started with us heading out at 4:30 am to catch our flight. Fil dropped us off, we go to check in and our original flight had been cancelled and we had been bumped to an earlier flight. Dh travels all the time and always does online check in. The one time he didn't and boom. Never again will he buy airline tx from one of those discount sites, because that was why he received no notification. We had to call fil to come back for us so we could come back for an evening flight. When we finally got to our hotel it was under construction. We get up to the room and go to put the kids to bed and the pull out reeked of vomit. This was not some Motel 6. The hotel was previously a Gansevort property and had just changed hands. We got moved to a smaller room but we were exhausted and didn't really care. The next morning we woke up to the sounds of drills and jackhammers. We looked out the window and our view was of blue tarps. Then we found out that the regular pool was closed and only the rooftop adults only pool was open. They instituted limited hours for family use. Dh called our usual hotel to see if they had anything and thankfully they did. We left and switched hotels. The next day we were on our way to meet up with my sister at the aquarium and we got a flat. We stalled the rental place and the first person we spoke to told us that we had to wait for a technician to come out and fix the tire and that we had to pay. We called again and got someone else and they allowed us to just come back and switch vehicles. It was just one ridiculous thing after another. We didn't let it ruin our trip though. We just laughed and were thankful to be on a vacation at all.

MomofBoys838
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Nothing really funny has happened to us, but my sister-in-law and her family were on a road trip from California with their cat, when they realized the cat had died.  So they pulled over and everyone was crying and trying to figure out what to do with the cat.  The cat suddenly jumps up and howls, scaring the $hi# out of everyone.  

We still laugh about this, even though it happened over 10 years ago.

okeydokie
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2014 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
While standing around the campfire telling a story, hubby's pants suddenly fell around his ankles. We swear to this day he was pants'd by a ghost.
SnortysMom
by CatMarie on May. 23, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I was around 6 when my parents did a cross country trip from CA to FL. While in AZ, we had stopped at a gas station so I could go to the bathroom. After I got out, I had to share with my mom that my poop was green. I started panicking and crying and yelling, "my poop was green!! Why, momma?! Waaaaaa!" lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN