Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Older parents are irresponsible

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 359 Replies
3 moms liked this

Yes we could all get hit by a bus some day or whatever, but having kids aver a certain age increases the odds of both that you'll die when your kid is young and also that they'll have to care for your geriatric self while they're still young and shouldn't have to worry about it. I think it's plain irresponsible and selfish. If you're 50 when you have a kid (mostly dad's here) you'll be almost 70 by the time your kid even gets out of high school. That's not fair to them. 

Also don't you even want to meet your grand kids? And don't you realize you could get sick and die from like a heart attack when your kids are just kids?  It kills me that my Dad died when I was so young and he wasn't even old when he had me. I think it's plain selfish to have kids when you're over 40-42.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM
6 moms liked this
To each their own I guess.
My husband was 41 when DS was born. In his 30s with DD and 20s with SSs.
He feels waiting is better. He says he is a better father than when he was younger. He has grown since then.
He will be 50 or older when we are done having kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I think that's really selfish and inconsiderate to your kids

Quoting MIA0223: To each their own I guess. My husband was 41 when DS was born. In his 30s with DD and 20s with SSs. He feels waiting is better. He says he is a better father than when he was younger. He has grown since then. He will be 50 or older when we are done having kids.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM
32 moms liked this
We obviously disagree. I personally would rather people wait if they arent ready than feel pressure to have kids young and half ass parent!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MIA0223: To each their own I guess.
My husband was 41 when DS was born. In his 30s with DD and 20s with SSs.
He feels waiting is better. He says he is a better father than when he was younger. He has grown since then.
He will be 50 or older when we are done having kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM
14 moms liked this
Meh. My mom had her last baby in your acceptable range, got cancer and died just a few years after he was born. If someone wants and can afford a child then they should go for it, regardless of what random people on the Internet think of their decision.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM

There's a huge difference between waiting until you're ready, like your thirties, and having some kind of crisis and trying to pop out a baby when you're less likely to be there to support it. 

Quoting MIA0223: We obviously disagree. I personally would rather people wait if they arent ready than feel pressure to have kids young and half ass parent!
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MIA0223: To each their own I guess. My husband was 41 when DS was born. In his 30s with DD and 20s with SSs. He feels waiting is better. He says he is a better father than when he was younger. He has grown since then. He will be 50 or older when we are done having kids.

4girlsmum
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I agree, but sometimes life has it's little surprises....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM
6 moms liked this
Haven't we done this 87 times recently? Yawn.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Anything can happen, and does. I'm talking stacking the odds against your kids. Which is what older parents do. 

Quoting Anonymous: Meh. My mom had her last baby in your acceptable range, got cancer and died just a few years after he was born. If someone wants and can afford a child then they should go for it, regardless of what random people on the Internet think of their decision.

JC2223
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM
60 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Go back to sleep then

Quoting Anonymous: Haven't we done this 87 times recently? Yawn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)