Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Having a baby after 40 is.....

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM
  • 275 Replies
21 moms liked this
Fine! Not everybody is the same! Many are in perfect condition to have a baby later. Its funny how things change. I had my first two in my early twenties. I turned 39 while pregnant with my third.
His was by far the easiest delivery despite the fact that he was almost 11lbs. Didn't even tear. The doctor joked that my first two must " have shot right out of there" at my 16 week check up. Wasn't funny at the time.
'
I didn't think I would have another. I used to think 40 was so old....when I was young. Lol. Things change. Life changes. I have more strength and energy now than I did back when my first two were little! I have more money too...lol.

Its silly to make judgements or to say someone is too old. Obviously I'm not! Just look at this perfect baby :)

Edit: wow the ignorance of some! At 38 ( turning 39 while I was pregnant) I did not " double " my chances of DS. All ages have that risk. It goes up slightly with age. We ALL take risks getting pregnant! So I guess we are all " selfish" lol. DH were taking a chance on life. DH didn't have any of his own. Having this little guy was the best experience of his life.I am so glad we took the chance! We would have never met out lil one! We would have missed out on a lot!

by on May. 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM
13 moms liked this

He is so proud of the hat he picked out from the store....lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2014 at 2:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Beyond stupid. Simply selfish. You more then double your chances of a Down syndromes child or worse.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM
4 moms liked this

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I did not double my chances...lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Beyond stupid. Simply selfish. You more then double your chances of a Down syndromes child or worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM
3 moms liked this
You got lucky.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2014 at 2:55 PM
3 moms liked this

My husbands over 40 baby.
He was 41 when DS was born and we aren't done!
I most likely won't have a baby over 40 because of our age difference. But I don't see why people judge!
My husband says the same as you, his parenting is different with DS and DD than his boys he had in his 20s!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2014 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Only the woman and doctor know the risks for having babies beyond a certain age.  There are so many factors, some are fixable and others are just risks that have been proven over the decades.  A person can not always fight what biology does.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm glad I took the slim chances because I would have never met my baby

Quoting Anonymous:

Only the woman and doctor know the risks for having babies beyond a certain age.  There are so many factors, some are fixable and others are just risks that have been proven over the decades.  A person can not always fight what biology does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM
18 moms liked this

And you just doubled your chances of looking like an idiot...I guess thats why you went anon huh.. If you are going to state facts be prepared to provide sources for such dribble..

Quoting Anonymous:

blue-heart
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Our youngest is almost 15 months. Dh was about to turn 45 when he was born. We aren't done having kids. I just turned 30.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)