Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband took the news much better than expected...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I just told my hubby that I am pregnant with #3.....I never expected it to happen, I hoped, but after 3 years I just didn't think it would happen. 

I had a miscarriage 3 yrs ago at 10 weeks. It was pretty bad....lots of bleeding....the bleeding was more like pouring....

Hubby said he didn't want anymore...didn't want to try again. After 3 yrs, I thought he was shooting blanks.

I told him today and he went on a we can't afford it rant, to did you do this on purpose, to what do we tell his parents....he took it much better than he did our last child.  I am happy he seems ok now! He was even making some jokes earlier....or may be he's still in shock?

I honestly thought he was shooting blanks and I was just gonna hope for one till I turn 35 next year....either way I am really excited!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Congrats!
WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Congrats !!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
That's him taking it well? I would have cried
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Congrats to you. It's a blessing no matter what!

My dh never took the news I was pregnant with enthusiasm. With our first ( surprise) he sat there saying, "ok" at 5 minute intervals for about a half hour before leaving and goon to a party. He called me 15 minutes after getting there saying " oh, yeah, you were invited too." I got there and he complained about how tight my pants were and I must be squishing the baby. Lol.

With our second we intended to try the next cycle but we were already pregnant. He was ok but not happy. Just kind of miffed we never got to 'try'.

With our third it was tried for. He gave me a hug when I told him but that was it. He never said much else. I miscarried at 12 weeks.

With our 4th he tried, I didn't. We had sex a week and a half after the miscarriage and I was still a total mess. Dh wanted me to be pregnant right away to 'fix' things. He got his way. I found out a few weeks later we were pregnant with # 4. He said " I figured." But that was it. I bled for a bit with that pregnancy and he swore it would be the last because I was a mess.

With # 5 he was totally shocked and upset. He ranted and raved about finances and 'what are we going to do??' That wasn't fun. He was happy when he found out it was a boy though.

With put 6th he was a total mess. He yelled and screamed. He was so angry, upset, scared. I felt like trash. He just kept saying " what are we going to do???" We are fine now. Things were hairy for a while but we figured it put.

I'm a bit sour over the fact that I never got a happy reaction from dh. Not once. It was either blah or total mayhem. Bu its in the past now. I will make sure all our kids have a happy reaction about the new life they created.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 8:11 AM

scratch that....last night we was having a cow.....He said "I can't do this, mentally or physically, I can't do this"

On and on about how the world is changing and how I'm selfish about bringing a baby into it. He said I was trapping him.....Trapping him? Seriously? We have two other children.  He asked me to tell him what was good about this and in the moment I couldn't think of anything.

He's afraid of what his parents will think....having a baby at almost 42.    I know of people who have had young kids when they were that age....he was ranting about not being able to retire, not going on vacation, and he told me we could never go to Disneyworld(I have wanted to go there since I found out what it was when I was 5!)   He also said we have no room.....I think he wants me to get rid of this baby crying   He wouldn't come right out and say it.....I can't believe he would suggest that to someone who has had a miscarriage and wants this baby!!  Oh, what do I do? He even said I got pregnant on purpose! 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Sorry :(
My husband wa 41 when we had DS. And we will try again in a few years!
42 isn't bad to have a baby!
I hope he takes it better as the pregnancy goes on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Eh ....He is ur husband leave him or quit complaining. ....He can't make u give up the baby it's ur child completely right now and ur body....chill out or u will end up having issues again.
Mandy_yanna13
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Wow being like that makes him an asshole! It takes 2 to make a baby and if he was that damn worried he should have wrapped it up. I just cannot undrstand any man that does not take precautions being bitchy about getting awoman pregnant. Stick to your guns you want the baby keep the baby, do not let him make you do anything you do not want to. Good luck and congrats.

Quoting Anonymous:

scratch that....last night we was having a cow.....He said "I can't do this, mentally or physically, I can't do this"

On and on about how the world is changing and how I'm selfish about bringing a baby into it. He said I was trapping him.....Trapping him? Seriously? We have two other children.  He asked me to tell him what was good about this and in the moment I couldn't think of anything.

He's afraid of what his parents will think....having a baby at almost 42.    I know of people who have had young kids when they were that age....he was ranting about not being able to retire, not going on vacation, and he told me we could never go to Disneyworld(I have wanted to go there since I found out what it was when I was 5!)   He also said we have no room.....I think he wants me to get rid of this baby crying   He wouldn't come right out and say it.....I can't believe he would suggest that to someone who has had a miscarriage and wants this baby!!  Oh, what do I do? He even said I got pregnant on purpose! 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM
This. But, congrats OP.

Quoting Anonymous: That's him taking it well? I would have cried
justpeachy71904
by peachy on May. 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Wait I am confused.

So wtf happened

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)