Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poor hygiene

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM
  • 56 Replies
Since having kids I don't always keep my body hair as well shaves off as I did when I was younger. My legs I shave 1-3 times a week (if I'm wearing shorts), my girly parts once a week - every 2 weeks, and my pits evert 2-3 days. My hair I normally run a brush through it and pull it up instead of styling it like I used up, and most days forget about make up. There's days I wear the same pants and shirt twice in one week so I don't have to do laundry and I only clean house on my off day.
Anyone else wanna confess some of the hygiene habits they've let slip?
by on May. 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM

I had my first child in 1993....before that I was your quintessential 80's-90's big haired bitch....I certainly don't spend two hours a day getting ready anymore, but basic hygiene is a different matter. 

notuseless
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM
I sometimes forget to brush my hair until I get to work, I've even gotten to the store before I realized, I don't shave unless I have to put on shorts, mainly because im 8 months pregnant and it hurts to try to reach anything below my knee.
newwifenmom
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:01 AM
My feet don't get cared for like they used to lol
TrouserMouse
by on May. 25, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I only brushed my teeth once today.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:02 AM
I've never been big on shaving my legs, but I don't skimp on any other hygiene practices. I sometimes wear a bra 2 days in a row....does that count?
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 25, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 10 years old in 1993.... Lol.... Just a random fact ;) hope you are feeling better today hun <3

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I had my first child in 1993....before that I was your quintessential 80's-90's big haired bitch....I certainly don't spend two hours a day getting ready anymore, but basic hygiene is a different matter. 

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM
7 moms liked this

Actually, shaving and make up has nothing to do with good hygiene.  That's an aesthetic standard that doesn't contribute to health in any way, unlike brushing teeth, washing your body, etc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

my hygiene hasn't slipped at all since having kids. 

AlleyCat08
by on May. 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Same here... we are getting ready for dinner. I will brush my teeth before bed.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I only brushed my teeth once today.

drsmith94
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:08 AM
I'm 5 months right now. If I can't easily reach it and I don't feel like shaving it, I don't. Dh can do it if it's an issue. Lol

Quoting notuseless: I sometimes forget to brush my hair until I get to work, I've even gotten to the store before I realized, I don't shave unless I have to put on shorts, mainly because im 8 months pregnant and it hurts to try to reach anything below my knee.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN