Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD is moving to Japan really soon...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My DD 26 studied education and Japanese lanague in college and she wanted to be an English teacher in Japan to teach Japanese children English language. She started learning Japanese from watching anime when she was a teenager. About 2 years ago she went to Japan for a few months to study in a university and I honestly couldn't survive without her and my DS kept asking me when she's coming back (he was 8 then, he's now 10). She got an email from a middle school in Osaka, Japan asking her if she wanted to come teach English language there and she's excited. Well I'm proud of my daughter and I'm really going to miss seeing her and she said she'll talk to me on Skype and Facebook everyday when she can. I told my DS and he started crying and I told him everything will be okay. Well my DH and I will throw a going away party for our DD and we'll have Southern food (we live in Alabama) and Japanese food (my daughter will be living in Japan soon) to serve to the guests. The whole family and her friends are really going to miss her and hopefully she'll enjoy herself living in Japan and we'll try to visit her in a few months in Japan, she said she'll try to vist the family in Alabama for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccarae
by on May. 25, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Good for her for following her heart and hugs for you mama. I would be a happy mess, lol.
sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 3:26 AM
What a wonderful experience.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2014 at 3:27 AM
Oh that's gotta bed bittersweet but I bet you're extremely proud of her:) maybe you can go visit her some time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Oh that's gotta bed bittersweet but I bet you're extremely proud of her:) maybe you can go visit her some time

We will, hopefully in a few months. I want my DS to be included so we'll try during his fall break from school this year or spring break from school next year, and probably will visit her again next summer. My DD said and I mention it that she'll come to United States to visit us either Thanksgiving or Christmas .

supastars
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Good for your Dd, what a great experience that will be for her:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 25, 2014 at 3:41 AM

My daughter has taught English in Japan and Taiwan. She moved from our home in Wa state to Michigan as soon as she graduated from H.S., then went to Japan for 3 months her freshman year. She's been hooked ever since! It's hard on family, but does get easier. Skype is so wonderful. Hang in there! I hope your daughter loves it as much as my daughter has.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 3:43 AM
Congrats to her and hugs to you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 25, 2014 at 3:45 AM
I lived in Japan for four years. Wish I could have stayed longer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter has taught English in Japan and Taiwan. She moved from our home in Wa state to Michigan as soon as she graduated from H.S., then went to Japan for 3 months her freshman year. She's been hooked ever since! It's hard on family, but does get easier. Skype is so wonderful. Hang in there! I hope your daughter loves it as much as my daughter has.

My DD loved it when she went to Japan for a few months studying about 2 years ago, I constantly talked to her on Skype and sending her e-cards on Facebook. She brought a lot of stuff back from Japan to give to her love ones.  Well this time she'll be living there and probably for rest of her life and it'll be hard for the whole family without her, but I'm proud of her for getting the job she wanted and we will visit her and she'll visit us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I lived in Japan for four years. Wish I could have stayed longer.

How was it for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN