Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

thats it! i dont care what ppl think, im doing it my way next time!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
So, i made a post about DS' super hero cake. I found one i loved (that was posted in the comments) & decided to run with it. Now, i have made several very nice cakes. Im always happy with them. However, a few of dh's family member have mentioned that they HATE fondant cakes, so i thought i would please them by doing very little fondant. NEVER AGAIN! i am not haopy with this cake. :( i spent HOURS trying to get it right and it just isnt working for me. Ds hasnt seen it yet, so we will see what he thinks. But im just grrrrr about it. I want my pretty fondant cake. :( oh well. U live and learn. I definitly wont be making anynore this way, thats for damn sure.

Pix added in comments

Update:
So after a decent nights sleep, im in a better mood and looking at it now, im hapoy with it. Lol. Its not the best cake i have ever made. But, its still pretty awesome. Ds got to see it and loves it. He was a bit over analytical of the faces, my comic book nerd, but loves in none the less. I think my issues with it just grew when one thing after another kept happening and then the final result wasnt what i envisioned. But, now i know. Its pretty, tastes great and im sure the kids and adults will love it. Thank u for all the kind words mommas. U really made me smile this morning. I appreciate that. This cake took a total of 7 hours to make. So, being hapoy with it is a must.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 4:00 AM
Can't wait to see a pic!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Trust me, yes u can. Lol.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: Can't wait to see a pic!!!
sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 4:02 AM
Most fondant tastes like crap. I much prefer cake taste good over looking pretty. If you make your perfect fondant cake, and it's gonna taste like crappy fondant, at least have a sheet cake or cupcakes so people can have some yummy cake.
Had3girls
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 4:02 AM
I'm sure u r ur own worst critic I'm sure it looks great!! Who cares what anybody thinks!!!! U just need to make sure to add to it or whatever to make sure u are happy with it!!!! I'm sure ur son will love it!!!!
Happy birthday to him !!! =)
SavanasMama08
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 4:03 AM
There's a recipe for marshmallow fondant icing on pinterest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

These are past cakes. Ones i made for co workers, family, & friends. The twilight one was one of my first cakes so, it is def not perfect. Lol
lilady73
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 4:07 AM

I make cakes as well.... My rule, for kids it has to look good AND taste great to them... Fondant tastes like crap, really... I've gone as far to make two cakes..lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2014 at 4:07 AM
3 moms liked this

Pretty cakes are not as important as tasty cakes. Ever.

Someone might look at a fancy cake and go "Wow that looks nice!" But as soon as they realize it tastes like shit they don't care if it's a masterpiece; it's cake that tastes awful.

An ugly cake that tastes good is more forgivable because it succeeds in the essential function of cake; tasting really fucking good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 4:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

And here is it: judge away i guess lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 4:09 AM
Pix added in comments.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: Can't wait to see a pic!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)