Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My niece wants me to take her to get an abortion.....UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies

She is 17 and just told me she is pregnant. She wants an abortion. She doesnt even want to tell the rest of the family her exbf knows and said that he will take off if she has the baby. She was on mirena and already had to have it removed but scheduled the abortion. She just is going to need a ride home. 

She said worst case she will take a cab but would rather have me there. 

I guess I am at a loss at what to do. She is paying for it, she doesnt need my help at all but she put her trust in me. She is nearly an adult also and I can understand why she doesnt want to tell my sister (she is crazy prolife and would not be supportive at all) 

I guess I am just confused on what to do. I would have no problem going to support her but at the same time if my sister found out she would freak out. But then again on the other hand my sister with make things a million times worse. 

Update: I am going to take her today. I thought about it and even though it might make things worse for her in the future if her mom freaks out I would still rather be there for her

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Troll. Unless she has a baby already she wouldn't have mirena .
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM
It is your nieces choice. I say be there for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM

That is not true at all....

My DD had mirena also before her baby 

Quoting Anonymous: Troll. Unless she has a baby already she wouldn't have mirena .

rocamom
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Her mom doesn't know? She should and if you give her a ride it will come out later that you helped her get an abortion. It could cause conflicts. Good luck but I would encourage her to tell her mom.
ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM
I thought you couldn't get Mirena without having had a baby. How many kids does she have now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Right. Drs don't just jump to mirena

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: Troll. Unless she has a baby already she wouldn't have mirena .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 7:47 AM

No her mom is psycho and would want her to raise the baby or have her raise the baby. I knowit could come out but at the same time she is going to do it anyway but she will be alone if I am not there. 

Quoting rocamom: Her mom doesn't know? She should and if you give her a ride it will come out later that you helped her get an abortion. It could cause conflicts. Good luck but I would encourage her to tell her mom.

Anonymous

Wrong...look it up 

Quoting Anonymous: Right. Drs don't just jump to mirena
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I agree with ducky

Quoting purpleducky: It is your nieces choice. I say be there for her.
Anonymous

You can get a mirena before you have kids

She doesnt have any

Quoting ajdahd13: I thought you couldn't get Mirena without having had a baby. How many kids does she have now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)