Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be upset?

Posted by on May. 25, 2014 at 8:29 AM
  • 30 Replies
I'm 24. I have a 5 year old and am currently 7 months pregnant. We seriously got pregnant while I was on NuvaRing and he wore condoms. Even when I'd ask him to trust my birth control (because the condoms hurt), he never did.

Well, we were discussing things last night and he insists that I get my tubes tied. I've thought about it, but I'm not sure and I don't want to do something that I'll regret. I may want a boy somewhere way down the road.

He told me he didn't want anymore kids and that he wanted to make sure we don't make another mistake. So yeah, it hurt. We weren't trying to get pregnant, but damn, in 7 months, hearing your daughters heartbeat, feeling her move and thrash about, she's still just a mistake?

He told me I took it out of context and that I'm hormonal so I got upset over nothing. But it seriously hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:32 AM
3 moms liked this
I can see where he's coming from. If y'all are the .1% that can get pregnant so easily, then yeah something needs to be done.

I'd tell him he can get a vasectomy. You're carrying the baby for 9 months and all of that jazz, and he's the one that's sure he's done, so he can get fixed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I don't think he is thinking of your pregnancy as a mistake. I think he is trying to be realistic about his future as well a being open about his feelings towards have more children. He doesn't want more children than he is having now, including your pregnancy.

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:34 AM
I see what he was trying to say but I wouldn't get my tubes tied either. I don't think he actually thinks your daughter is a mistake. It seems like he just worded it wrong
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him he's free to get a vasectomy.  I wouldn't get major surgery simply because my husband told me to.  I did have my tubes tied but that was at 45 and it was my idea.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on May. 25, 2014 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this
I see where he's coming from. If you don't want to do anything permanent ask him to get a vasectomy, they're reversible.
BigTsMommy
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Guys arent as emotional or sensitive as us ladies . Well most arent. Maybe he didnt mean it like it came out! He just sounds like he really doesn't want another baby right now. His honesty may be alot better then having another one before hes ready again because another baby could cause pressure on the relationship because it wasnt wanted or at least yet. Tubes tied sounds like hes done for good and if you arent then im sure that can hurt. Just try to talk to him about it so that u will both understand each other better. You will both probably feel alot better afterwards.
funny_girl3
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this
If my husband was so against having more, Id expect him to be the one having the procedure done. Even if you are having a c-section it's still not right for him to expect you to make such a permanent change when he's the only one who is sure. Sounds like you two should have a serious talk when you are both calm.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on May. 25, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Of topic and random, but why don't you have a rank?

Quoting BigTsMommy: Guys arent as emotional or sensitive as us ladies . Well most arent. Maybe he didnt mean it like it came out! He just sounds like he really doesn't want another baby right now. His honesty may be alot better then having another one before hes ready again because another baby could cause pressure on the relationship because it wasnt wanted or at least yet. Tubes tied sounds like hes done for good and if you arent then im sure that can hurt. Just try to talk to him about it so that u will both understand each other better. You will both probably feel alot better afterwards.
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:43 AM
If HE is so sure he doesn't want more kids, then he needs to get a vasectomy.

When my ex husband and I had our second, he knew, without a doubt, that he was done making babies. He had his vasectomy scheduled just days after our second was born.

I am currently 29 weeks with my fourth(s/o's second with me); and I know that I don't want another child. We were using the mini pill and condoms; so I'm getting my tubes tied following this one's birth. I had all my paperwork signed by 16 weeks. Lol. But, I would never demand that my partner take on something like permanent sterilization because *I* was done procreating.
BigTsMommy
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Im new as of just made an account an hour or less ago. I assume thats why? Still trying to learn this site ;)

Quoting Danesmommy1: Of topic and random, but why don't you have a rank?

Quoting BigTsMommy: Guys arent as emotional or sensitive as us ladies . Well most arent. Maybe he didnt mean it like it came out! He just sounds like he really doesn't want another baby right now. His honesty may be alot better then having another one before hes ready again because another baby could cause pressure on the relationship because it wasnt wanted or at least yet. Tubes tied sounds like hes done for good and if you arent then im sure that can hurt. Just try to talk to him about it so that u will both understand each other better. You will both probably feel alot better afterwards.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)