Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 18 year old son and his 14 year old fiance just announced they are pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Many of you have read my posts about my son. At first he told me he was dating a 14 year old, then they were engaged and now to no surprise she is pregnant. 

I have never like any of this situation and it makes me sick but things just keep getting worse and worse. I was going to update my last post but I cant find it anywhere so I am making a new one

*for those who do not know the situation I live in NC. Here their relationship is not illegal. (there is a close in age exception that you can be 4 but no more than 4 years older and it is still legal she will turn 15 before he turns 19 and so it is not statutory rape) again I repeat not illegal. Not that that makes it okay but every other post I had people saying he will go to jail. 

To make it more clear I hate this...my son is disgusting for being with a child her age. He doesnt live with me. He is going to be going into his third year of college in the fall and she is still in high school. It is very wrong. I have tried talking to him to get him to stop but he doesnt listen. Her parents allow it and love my son. It is disgusting 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I have never talked to her parents. They dont want to talk to me. Apparently because I am the voice of reason I cause to much "drama" 

My sons father (aka my DH) feels the same way as I do....he is jsut as shocked and disgusted by all of this)

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: I don't know any 14-year-old child who knows what he/she wants. What do her parents say when you try to talk to them? And where in the hell is your son's father?
Quoting Anonymous:

They WANT the baby....

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: Abortion. That's all I got this morning.

j3st3r
by Jedi on May. 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
It's absolutely true. My sister went through this shit with my niece. It's gross.

Quoting norwgnwood: Call the cops on the child molester? And on her parents for allowing it. **Just saw the part about it being legal in NC. Are you sure about that?
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Yeah I just looked it up. That's fucked up! I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I am sure...i have talked to more than one lawyer about it at the police. If she was 2 months younger it would be illegal and he could go to jail 

Quoting norwgnwood: Call the cops on the child molester? And on her parents for allowing it. **Just saw the part about it being legal in NC. Are you sure about that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I just looked it up. I can't believe it's legal!!!!

Quoting j3st3r: It's absolutely true. My sister went through this shit with my niece. It's gross.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 11:04 AM
14 moms liked this
Not much you can do because of the law and the fact he lives on his own I hope that when the baby does come you will love your grandchild even though the relationship is so messed up.
ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:05 AM
45 moms liked this
I don't get why people are blaming OP. Her son is an adult. How about blaming the 14 year old's parents? They're who are at fault because their child is the minor in this situation.

I'm sorry OP.
j3st3r
by Jedi on May. 25, 2014 at 11:06 AM
What's worse is that my sister lives near a huge marine base. 18 y/o soldiers and 14-15 y/o local girls. Then the "men" get stationed elsewhere.

To be clear, I know all military men are not like this. However, the law allows those who are predatory to act with impunity.

Quoting norwgnwood: I just looked it up. I can't believe it's legal!!!!

Quoting j3st3r: It's absolutely true. My sister went through this shit with my niece. It's gross.

So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on May. 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this
A 9th grader and a senior in high school? A would be senior if he hadn't graduated early?
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
You raised a winner who can't stick to women with his maturity level, oh wait scratch that. He just robbed that 14 year old of her highschool experience when he got to enjoy his high school years baby free.
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:08 AM
That's just sick!

Quoting j3st3r: What's worse is that my sister lives near a huge marine base. 18 y/o soldiers and 14-15 y/o local girls. Then the "men" get stationed elsewhere.

To be clear, I know all military men are not like this. However, the law allows those who are predatory to act with impunity.

Quoting norwgnwood: I just looked it up. I can't believe it's legal!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)