Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ask a Moslem woman anything...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 127 Replies
So I have seen several posts about asking questions pertaining to beliefs- I know this may get some silly or rude comments which I may read, but not even respond to but if you have always wondered about what we believe, restrictions in sexual relations, who we cover in front of etc. Ask away- my intentions are allow those who are curious, to ask whatever they have always wanted to ask...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on May. 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM
3 moms liked this

WTF is a Moslem woman?

.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM
I've never heard of a Moslem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

According to the Center for Nonproliferation Studies,"Moslem and Muslim are basically two different spellings for the same word." But the seemingly arbitrary choice of spellings is a sensitive subject for many followers of Islam. Whereas for most English speakers, the two words are synonymous in meaning, the Arabic roots of the two words are very different. A Muslim in Arabic means"one who gives himself to God," and is by definition, someone who adheres to Islam. By contrast, a Moslem in Arabic means"one who is evil and unjust" when the word is pronounced, as it is in English, Mozlem with a "z".

thenameshailie
3 moms liked this

I am not sure of how good your information might be if you have misspelled your own religion

CottageWitch03
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Dammit. You beat me to it! XD

Quoting AliKatAK47:

WTF is a Moslem woman?

babie113
Fail .....its muslim
CottageWitch03
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Ah! Cool :-) I didn't know that.

Quoting corticosteroid:

According to the Center for Nonproliferation Studies,"Moslem and Muslim are basically two different spellings for the same word." But the seemingly arbitrary choice of spellings is a sensitive subject for many followers of Islam. Whereas for most English speakers, the two words are synonymous in meaning, the Arabic roots of the two words are very different. A Muslim in Arabic means"one who gives himself to God," and is by definition, someone who adheres to Islam. By contrast, a Moslem in Arabic means"one who is evil and unjust" when the word is pronounced, as it is in English, Mozlem with a "z".

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on May. 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Oh wow.... OP, you're going to have your hands full with this one!
CottageWitch03
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Keep reading. No fail after all.

Quoting babie113: Fail .....its muslim
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)