Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

36 weeks pregnant and DH wants to... *poll*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 315 Replies

Poll

Question: Who is in the wrong?

Options:

Me

DH

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 556

View Results

Go out on his boss' boat this weekend with a couple of coworkers.

We just moved to this area a few months ago, I haven't made any friends except the disabled old lady next door, because I've been on bedrest and can't work or go out and do things.

He wants to go out on this boat out on Lake Michigan, where there is NO cell reception, and we only have one car. It's a 2 hour drive out to where the boat is docked, and they're planning on taking his car out there, and spending the entire day out on the lake, fishing and drinking beer.

I'm high risk, on bedrest, could go into labor at any time, and he wants to take our ONLY car 2 hours away and then spend the day being unreachable. He doesn't see why I have a problem with it. He thinks I'm trying to be controlling. He says that "it's a good bonding experience, I really need to get to know these guys better, and this is a great chance to do that!"
Yeah, that's fine and dandy, but they can have a bonding experience somewhere closer to home where I'm not stuck with no transportation or friends and family to help me out if I go into labor. 

I feel that he is wrong, he feels that I am wrong.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on May. 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Maybe you guys can find a compromise?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 7:49 PM

I don't see a way to compromise. I suggested that they all hang out somewhere close to home, but he said "NO, all the guys really wan't to go out on the boat."
I just don't feel it's a good idea. 

Quoting Bluescorpia: Maybe you guys can find a compromise?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 7:50 PM

bump

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on May. 25, 2014 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Is there someone that can stay with you for that day?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see a way to compromise. I suggested that they all hang out somewhere close to home, but he said "NO, all the guys really wan't to go out on the boat."I just don't feel it's a good idea. 

sometimesred
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 7:51 PM
5 moms liked this

If he really wants to go, he should at least be responsible to get you a nurse, and a way to doctor , hospital, etc.  Though I can't understand a man who doesn't want to be around for the birth of his child.

MommyKarma
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 7:51 PM
22 moms liked this

I don't feel either of you are wrong. You should let him go, it is one day and if something happened you would have an ambulance and he'd have a car to get to you at some point but I mean, it's one day... it's surely not going to happen just because.... I think you'll both be fine. Make  it  a good day forever *For You* to relax on your own too.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Find a compromise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM

No, I don't know anyone in this area, except Phyllis next door, but she's 78 and can't drive or anything. She's just a little old lady with a walker.

Quoting Bluescorpia: Is there someone that can stay with you for that day?
Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see a way to compromise. I suggested that they all hang out somewhere close to home, but he said "NO, all the guys really wan't to go out on the boat."I just don't feel it's a good idea. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

Quoting MommyKarma:

I don't feel either of you are wrong. You should let him go, it is one day and if something happened you would have an ambulance and he'd have a car to get to you at some point but I mean, it's one day... it's surely not going to happen just because.... I think you'll both be fine. Make  it  a good day forever to relax on your own too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 25, 2014 at 7:54 PM
9 moms liked this

As long as he's ok with the idea of you having to call 911 for an ambulance and not knowing that he had a baby until he gets back and you're not home, let him go. I don't want to sounds like an ass, but you won't be married to him forever if that's how he is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)